Personalized news apps make reading news a pleasure. They take links from your selected news sources and social networks and give you a news aggregation. The success or failure of a personalized news app relies on its presentation and user interface because you can get those links anywhere if you don't like what you see in the app. Check out our list of the best iPhone apps for personalized news.
The best iPhone apps for personalized news
23 Jun 2020, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
Flipboard is probably the best personalized news app you will find. You will be delivered photos, videos, and stories on any interest. If you have an Apple Watch, you may have the top 10 stories sent to it so you can get the highlights. You may scan a summary, save it to a Flipboard magazine, or share it. The app is your own personal magazine made up of your favorite topics, sources, people, and magazines. Use the + button on anything in Flipboard and collect it into your own magazine. See all of your magazines in your Flipboard Profile.
- Create your own magazine
- Videos, news, blogs, and more
- Collect and share stories
- World-class publications
- Free personalized news app for iPhone
BuzzFeed has the stories and quizzes trending on social, the customized news you want now, and the recipes and life tips you didn’t know you needed. Explore tab to dive into your favorite topics like Food, Celebrity, Animals, DIY, LGBT, and more. Never be bored again with the best mix of News, Videos, Quizzes, and Lists.
- Watch your favorite BuzzFeed shows like Tasty, Nifty, Goodful, Try Guys, Violet, and Ladylike
- Use the Trending section to see what stories are about to go viral
- Bookmark posts you want to come back to and sync them with all your devices
- Comment on a post or click the reaction button to share your opinion
A custom news app for designed for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Keep up with the news that’s important to you. The LexisNexis Newsdesk® app from LexisNexis, a leader in media monitoring and analysis, is your personal news reader. You get relevant news from all media types – online, print, social, and broadcast – delivered right to your phone in near real-time.
- Be in the know while on the go by accessing your Newsdesk account
- Access headlines and extracts of articles right in the app
- Easily share articles with your stakeholders and colleagues
- The standard app is accessible for free
News360 will give you a personalized news feed that allows you to read deeper into any story to get more information or just skim the headlines to stay on top of what's going on in areas of your interests. The app learns what you like and makes adjustments to the newsfeed so that it will always be interesting to you. You will get unbiased coverage of everything you want, and nothing you don't want. It's easy to tailor your newsfeed how you want it. Choose the companies, sources, and people you want to follow, and the app will learn the nuances of your interests.
- Learns what you enjoy
- Adjusts your newsfeed according to what you find important
- Over 100,000 sources
- Connect your social media accounts
- Free iPhone app for personalized news
Newsify puts all of your RSS feeds, blogs, and news into one free reader app. You can read the article in full-screen, pull to move between articles, show all articles or just the ones you haven't read yet, and you can tap-and-hold to mark articles as read. The app allows you to add and edit subscriptions, pull to refresh the article list, and you have three theme options: light, sepia, and gray. If you like, you can turn on Night mode using Settings, and set it to either automatic or manual. Your articles come in a newspaper-like list or a traditional table list if you like, where thumbnails are displayed when available.
- See your RSS feeds, blogs, and news in one reader
- Pull to move between articles
- Show all articles or just unread ones
- Three theme options
- Free with in-app purchases
Nextdoor is a private social network for your community, your neighbors, and you. You can talk to your neighbors about the things that matter within your community. Use the app to recommend an arborist or trustworthy babysitter, spread the word about a break-in, remember your neighbor's names, find a lost dog, and find out who will help rake leaves or shovel the driveway. You can see on a map where all the members are, and stay on top of everything that is important to you and your neighbors.
- Connect with verified members you can trust
- Stay informed with crime updates and urgent alerts
- Find local recommendations
- Share goods and services
- Keep up with things going on in nearby neighborhoods
Otto is like Pandora for news and podcasts. It uses your listening habits and interests to discover stories you will love. It curates broadcasts to be the same length as your commute, taken from over 27,000 podcasts and 1000 news sources. The app is ad-free (without in-app purchases) and there is a ton of other features you will love, like offline listening for extra-long commutes, flights, and travel where you don't have an Internet connection. The app makes finding news and podcasts easy since it does the work for you, finding stories you'll love. When you especially like stories, share them with your friends.
- Uses your listening habits to curate news and podcasts
- More than 27,000 podcasts and over 1,000 news sources
- Offline listening
- Free app for personalized news
News Republic gives you complete daily breaking news headlines and coverage on an up-to-the-minute basis from over 1,650 licensed and trusted news sources from all over the world. The app is easily customizable so you can quickly find what you're interested in, whether it's U.S. headlines, global finance, international headlines, world news, technology, celebrity news, sports, and more. Your personal news profile will keep track of your activities, find out your rating, and compare it with that of your friends and followers. The app learns as you read so it can give you more of what you like. You can follow news experts and find out what is important in their given subject area.
- Personal news profile
- The latest U.S. headlines, world news, sports, technology, and more
- Free with in-app purchase
- More than 1,650 news sources
- Compatible with Apple Watch
MacHash News pulls together all the latest news on iOS, Apple, and Mac from podcasts, blogs, sites, RSS feeds, and articles. It puts it all into one spot so you don’t have to search all over the place on news about your favorite topics. It’s updated in real-time and has a curated list of the day’s best news from more than 50 different sources. You get a full-screen web browser with an optional reader mode, dark night mode theme, and a news stream “firehose.” The app is easy to use, always up-to-date, streamlined, and optimized for Accessibility users. It’s easy to share articles via Twitter, Facebook, and email, or to save for later reading.
- News on iOS, Apple, and Mac topics
- More than 50 trusted sources
- News from blogs, RSS feeds, articles, podcasts, and more, all in one place
- Updated in real-time
- Free with in-app purchase to remove ads