Today's economic climate means those seeking a job all have to get and maintain an edge over other job candidates if they want to score that job. To be successful at that goal, job seekers have to have constant access to job postings, their professional and social networks, and tools that allow them to make connections with new contacts and potential employers. Here is our list of the best job search apps for the iPhone and iPad.
The best iPhone and iPad apps for job hunters
21 Aug 2017, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
AngelList is like a database of jobs that you can search for by location, keyword, and an array of other search options. If you are an employer, this is also a resource to find potential employees. There are over 45,000 jobs to search through. Swipe through the search results, refine search criteria, save job listings and search criteria, chat in-app and more. This app does a great job at making job hunting a smooth experience.
- Search for jobs or employees
- Over 45,000 job listings to search through
- Set search criteria, Save criteria
- Save job listings, In-app chat
- Smooth touch gestures
On the hunt for a new job? If yes, then you probably know by now that a great looking resume and cover letter might be the difference between getting a job and missing out. Fortunately, the developers of this app get this urgency and have created a resume building app that makes this process easy, smooth, and efficient. Choose from 25 different resume templates, get subtle prompts when writing your resume, see live previews, a flexible resume editor, edit Cover Letter and References sections, PDF export and more. There is an in-app purchase for the Pro Version which gives you full access to all of the features.
- Professional looking resumes, Easy and Efficient
- 25 resume templates, Flexible Editor
- Edit Cover Letters and References
- PDF Exports, Live Previews, Assistance
- In-app purchase for Pro Version
ZipRecruiter Job Search gives you access to more than 100 job boards all at once to help you find a job. All you have to do is tell it about the jobs you are looking for and the apps will show them to you. The app will send the best options to your inbox every day and you can save jobs or searches and return to them later. The app keeps track of the jobs you've applied to, and you will receive a notification when your resume has been viewed. Our review has more details, check it out!
- Gain access to over 100 job boards
- Get matched jobs sent to your inbox
- Apply with one tap
- Review your applied jobs list
- Free job searching app saves you time
Get an inside view of company reviews, benefits, salaries, job descriptions, and office photos shared by employees of the company you're investigating with the Glassdoor app. You'll have access to the latest, most up-to-date job listings and see which jobs have just been posted. You can save your job searches, get push notifications when the app finds you new job postings, and create a saved search so you don't have to input your information repeatedly. The app is fast and easy to use and makes job searches fast with its filter options. You'll see all the information about a job, including salary, right within each listing. Check out our review for more information.
- Easily email job listings
- See the latest postings
- View company salaries, office photos, benefit information, and job details all in the postings
- Fast and easy to use
- Discover your earning potential
Pretty much everyone has heard of LinkedIn, right? This app from the same people gives you tools to find your dream job. Perform searches and get automatic recommendations based on your job searches, and apply in privacy because the people in your LinkedIn network won't be notified. You can search the thousands of high-paying jobs by keyword, title, or location, and all of it is done using your LinkedIn profile. This app is free but there is a Premium upgrade that offers additional features. Want more information? Have a look at our review here.
- Brought to you by the same people as LinkedIn website
- Automatically links the app with your user profile
- Enter the job title and location in the search box and the app displays relevant jobs
- Save searches or apply using your LinkedIn profile
- Free or upgrade with in-app purchase to Premium version
Searching for jobs has never been more fun than through this app. JobFlare presents 6 games for users to measure their qualities, skills, abilities and other tangibles that employers look for. These games will challenge your logic, verbal and math skills. Each game is 90 seconds long and you can track your scores through the Performance Tab. View how you compare with others in your job field, customize your profile, get emails with job recommendations based on your profile and more. If you are currently looking for a job, then download this app today.
- A unique, fun way to enter the job hunting market
- Measures the qualities that employers are looking for
- 90 second games that test math, verbal and logic skills
- Customize profile based on job interests
- Receive emails for job recommendations
Resume Genie helps you create a professional resume in just a few minutes. Using the app's four-step process, you'll be handing out sleek-looking resumes in no time. You make your choice from multiple resume designs and then input your personal info. Save the document as a PDF and then email your resume to apply to your desired positions. You even have the option to send your PDF directly to potential employers. Resume Genie also offers helpful advice and tips, and is especially helpful for those with a lot of work history and experience and need to fit it all into a short resume to catch employers' attention.
- Multiple designs
- Input your info into easy-to-complete fields
- Save the file or export it directly to employers
- Tips and advice
- Free iPhone and iPad app for job hunters
If you've ever had an interview where you were totally unprepared for the questions asked and felt ridiculous and slow, you want to download this app. Job Interview Questions App helps you get ready for the questions that will be asked during your interview so you can come across as prepared and informed. There are three full-length interview simulations with over 50 questions with different interview styles. You can even make a recording of yourself answering each question and watch and review your answers to check for word selection, “um” and “uh” and other unnecessary words, body language, eye contact, and more. Check out our review for more information.
- Film yourself answering questions
- More than 50 different practice questions
- Review and critique your answers
- Advice on how to answer each question
- Paid app with no in-app purchases
This app caters to both job hunters and employers with a variety of different features for each group. For job seekers, you can upload your resume in the country and category that suits you, search for jobs in different categories, manage your profile, share the app on different social network platforms, and more. Employers can search through posted resumes to find potential applicants, find candidates from all across the world, post your own job requirements, and more.
- For both job searchers and employers looking to hire
- International job finder
- Manage your profile
- Employers can view resumes
- Multiple languages in different category sections
The Daily for Craigslist App is an officially licensed Craigslist app that brings the website to your device. You can post directly to the site if you are an employer, and if you are searching for jobs you can easily search the listings while on the go. You can manage your ads, use multiple accounts, and even use your device's camera to add to postings. The app turns Craigslist ads into a realistic newspaper rendition of all the content, so this app is fun and functional at the same time. Check out our review for more information.
- Smart search and filtering
- Works in both portrait and landscape mode
- Post from the app or manage your ads
- Get a realistic newspaper rendition of Craigslist content
- See job listings on the go
Need help choosing a career, or want to change the direction your life is headed but don’t know what you want to do? PathSource will help. Use it to find out what you need to achieve your goals, network, gain access to a huge source of information, find educational programs, and even discover what kind of salary you need to support the lifestyle you want. Use it to create a resume, choose your college major, watch interviews of people talking about their jobs, and see thousands of job postings. Use this app if you are a student who needs guidance on finding an industry in which to pursue internships or to choose a college major; a student looking for an easy way to find post-graduate job opportunities; or if you’re in the workforce and are thinking about changing careers.
- Take personalized career assessments
- Search job postings
- Find the right college
- Watch over 3,000 videos of people discussing their jobs
- Free with in-app purchases