Diving and exploring the ocean can be an amazing experience. For some, it's a regular occurrence. And for others, it's a once in a lifetime experience. Whether you are a pro, advanced, or just a beginner, the apps on our list will help you in your diving ventures. From checklists to logs and magazines, this best of list will make your diving more efficient, productive and safe.
The best iPhone apps for diving
20 Jan 2021, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
This diving app is recognized as the official digital training log of international dive agencies such as IDA, ITDA & DIWA, where instructors can digitally sign their students logs directly on the app, counting towards certification.
Your incredible dive journeys start with Deepblu. Explore popular dive destinations around the world with Deepblu app.
- Enrich your dive log with underwater photos and videos to share with the global diving community
- Create dive logs automatically by synchronizing your dive computer via Bluetooth
- Compatible with most dive computers on the market (see all compatible dive computers below)
- Have your instructor certify your Deepblu dive log in-app
- Discover dive sites, plan dive travel based on user reviews and media
All about diving in Dive+ World's Diving Community app. Divers from 200+ countries are sharing their diving experiences and infos of dive sites. You can explore what is happening in dive locations, and meet divers over there, all around the world. No matter what you are, a beginner, or a professional instructor, you can find useful diving information with the search feature on Dive+.
- Dive+ develops state-of-the-art color correction technologies for underwater footages
- You can easily bring the true colors back to photos and videos underwater
- Dive+ x Weefine Smartphone Housing, turns your iPhone into a underwater camera, integrated with a dive computer
- Share your experience with the diving community all over the world
If the idea of scuba diving sounds interesting to you, then you will want to explore certification as a scuba diver! Unlike the abbreviated version available at most tropical resorts, the Open Water Diver course covers a broad range of safety and technique subjects necessary to equip you to become a safe and knowledgeable diver. Scuba Exam Lite is an app that will allow you to prepare for the important exam component of this important diving course. Developed in association with Tec Clark, get tested on all the critical aspects of the Open Water Dive course.
- Open Water Dive Course test
- Prepare for critical exam
- Developed with Tec Clark
- Safety, technique, equipment
- Free scuba exam for iPhone
Keep track of all of your epic diving adventures with the Dive Diary diving log app. The app is designed to look just like the paper log books of old. The app boasts loads of customization features, and even includes ocean scenery and moving fish to add to the oceanic feel. Users can accelerate the logging experience into the 21st century by attaching their own photos and videos for every log entry. The logs can be accessed with any iOS device. Users can upload their photos to social media, so that your every adventure can be recorded and relived!
- Diving log app
- Similar to old time diving log book
- Attach photos and videos
- Free diving log for iPhone
If you have logged 20,000 leagues under the sea, you need to show and share your adventures with the world. Oceans is a logbook-cum-social network exclusively for divers. Keep your logs in the cloud, and share your photos and notes with family, friends, and other divers around the world. The app will automatically log a check-in wherever you are diving in the the world. The network allows you to investigate and discover great sites for diving so that you can plan your next diving vacation. Follow your friends, famous divers, and oceanic explorers anywhere in the world.
- Divers’ logbook
- Social network for divers
- Automatic check-in at dive sites
- Discover great sites for diving
- Plan your next dive
View, log and keep track of all your dives in this handy diving tool. Users can browse, edit and manage their dives quickly and easily while on the go. Notable features include the usage of Dropbox or iCloud, Sync with other iDevices, automatic site tracking via GPS, downloads from supported Bluetooth devices, document and identify the sea life that you encounter, manage gear and more. The continued usage of GPS can drain your iPhone’s battery.
- A handy, practical diving app for all divers
- Browse, edit and manage your dives
- Catalog sea life, Manage your gear
- Downloads from supported Bluetooth devices
- Use iCloud or Dropbox to sync with other iDevices
Diving is an incredibly fun sport, but it is safest when nothing is left to chance. Enter V-Planner a calculator for dive decompression especially for technical divers. This important dive safety app includes a lot of the same features you will find in the desktop version of V-PLanner, but it also includes important dive planning tools, such as the mixer utility for nitrox and trimix blending. You can specify whatever mix of nitrox or trimix, and set it for any number of deco gases.The app isn’t cheap, at $44.99, but then again, neither is your life.
- Decompression calculator
- Dive safety app
- Similar to desktop version
- Important dive planning tools
- Specific gas mix
DIVE magazine is one of the world's leading authorities on any and everything related to diving. In a unique twist on things, DIVE provides you with their latest issue for free. So, if you want to check out why they're one of the best, then you can do so for free. However, if you want to read past issues, then you will have to pay for each one. But, for 15 years, this publication has taken its readers to places never seen before. It's a great place to get your feet wet in the world of diving. DIVE Magazine app revie
- Latest issue is free
- Over 15 years of publication
- Past issues are paid for
- A world leader in diving
If you are a beginner or looking to take a scuba certification exam, then this app is made for you. It's a great study aid for those needing a little extra help in passing a scuba exam. This app has many great features like quizzes, guides, scuba theory, stats, and more. Scuba Exam also boasts that it will help you with passing any Open Water Diver course. There are over 250 exam questions, stats of your answers, and high resolution graphics. The app is easy to navigate and you can also share your results with your friends.
- Over 250 exam questions
- Easy to navigate with high-res images
- A guide to learning how to use dive tables
- List of diving terms
- Thorough quiz results that you can share with others
This app is designed to become your diving logbook and it has plenty of features to make it the best logbook you have ever used. Capture GPS coordinates, take notes, sync with your desktop and more. A dive buddy feature works well with your iPhone's Contacts. You can easily access all of the metrics of your dive including the equipment that you used. It's a thorough app that makes logging your dives easy and efficient.
- Easily check your previous dives
- GPS coordinates of your dives
- Sync dive data
- Dive buddy feature to contact diving friends
- Thorough dive profiles