If you love diving, or only wish you could take up the sport, then check out our list of the best iPad apps for diving.
The best iPad apps for diving
26 Apr 2021, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
Nitrox Buddy app is a no-frills calculator app for nitrox/enriched air divers - use it to quickly calculate the most important data for your dive: Maximum Operating Depth/MOD, Equivalent Air Depth/EAD and Best Mix. This diving app for iPad comes with a companion watch app. Redesigned the app from the ground up - all information is now immediately visible, without needing to lift your hand. Also added a new settings for salt or fresh water dives.
- Configurable units: works with feet or meters
- Works with sea or fresh water
- Max operating depth
- Best Mix
- Equivalent air depth
Subsurface-mobile, an iPad app for diving is an iOS dive log application based on Subsurface, the best free open source dive log application available on Windows, Mac and Linux. Subsurface-mobile is free and open source. No ads, no commercial anything. The Subsurface scuba app comes with free cloud storage (if you decide to use that - it's optional). Your data aren't used for anything, nothing gets monetized.
- Access your dive log on your tablet or phone
- Edit the data and even download new dive information from many Bluetooth LE enabled dive computers
- Synchronizes your dive data with the Subsurface desktop application
- The cloud account is not required to use Subsurface-mobile
In this application when it is downloaded onto your iPhone you will find everything about diving. It covers divers’ experience from all over the world and contains relevant information on all aspects of diving so it is a useful tool for all who are keen on diving. Key features of Dive+World’s Community are the following:
- Divers from 200+ countries are sharing their diving experiences and info of dive sites.
- Dive+ develops state-of-the-art color correction technologies for underwater footages.
- The search feature on Dive+.
- Dive+ x Weefine Smartphone Housing, turns your iPhone into a underwater camera, integrated with a dive computer.
- Cooperation and useful contacts
The premiere magazine for this sport will be brought to your fingertips in the form of this app.
- Top magazine dedicated to diving
- 15 years’ worth of content
- Stunning images
- Gives you your complete scuba fix
- 24/7 support