If you enjoy getting a good scare every once in a while, then this list of apps will provide you with that opportunity. This selection of horror games is filled with evil and scary characters, challenging and addictive gameplay, and plenty of heart pounding fun. Because they vary so greatly, you may want to download a few of these and really open up your options to this gaming genre.
The best horror games for iPhone
20 Apr 2020, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
Are you itching to get your fix of The Walking Dead now that it is on its summer break? The Walking Dead app will give you what you're looking for so you can get back to the world of the undead. This is a sequel to the original app and this one continues where the first game left off. The story follows a young girl name Clementine who is on her own and needs to fight off zombies in order to stay alive. You'll be finding all kinds of interesting locations, encounter other survivors, and you need to make often difficult and even gross decisions along the way. The app is a choice and consequence style game and it is spread out over five different parts.
- Play as Clementine and fight zombies to stay alive
- It is a choice and consequence style of game
- There are five different parts to the game
Fans of the Slender game will love the Eyes - the horror game LITE app which is a first person indie horror game that is sure to give you a fright. In this game you need to enter a very old house that is long since abandoned. Your job is to collect any of the items that are valuable that you come across. All is not what it seems though as this house is rumored to be haunted and you'll soon find out that the rumors are true. Can you make it out of the house alive and with your treasures?
- Ideal for fans of the Slender game
- The graphics are dark and eerie
- The game controls are simple
- Search through an old house to find valuable items
- The house is haunted as you soon find out
Not everyone wants a casual game where you can pick it up and get in a quick game or two without any in-depth information. The Dark Meadow: The Pact app has been designed for those looking for a game that features an intriguing story that draws you in. The game is actually a fairy tale but this isn't your typical fairy tale filled with princesses, fairies, and magical beings. You will be working through the Montclair Hospital which is anything but happy and safe. Enjoy beautiful graphics, gesture-based controls, and a story that is filled with unexpected elements.
- The game takes place in an old and scary looking hospital
- The graphics are beautiful
- The story is intriguing and engrossing
- This isn’t a typical fairy tale, this one is made for an older audience
- The app uses gesture-based controls
Maya, an upcoming influencer has been found dead, and an obsessed detective suspects foul play. Her phone appears to be intentionally wiped, and her cause of death seems... unnatural. You are given her phone to conduct an unsanctioned police investigation, and piece together the mystery surrounding her death. Solve the case before whatever happened to Maya... happens again.
- Solve a mystery through a simulated phone with familiar and new apps
- Assisting you will be WARDEN, a police AI software capable of restoring the phone's deleted files
- An expanded non-linear narrative with more than dozens of possible outcomes
- Featuring a live-action ensemble cast and an original soundtrack
When you're searching for games in the horror genre most people are well aware of the SlenderMan's Forest app and now it's your turn to discover it. Your job is to collect the pages before the SlenderMan can get to you, which isn't going to be an easy task. There are brand new maps to explore, you can purchase power-ups and upgrades, and there are a variety of terrains to explore. There are different levels of difficulty too so you can perfect your gaming skills before taking on the hardest maps. The app supports the Game Center, Leaderboards, and Achievements.
- A thrilling and scary game
- The app supports the Game Center, Leaderboards, and Achievements
- There are two new levels to explore
- Choose your difficulty level
- There are power-ups and upgrades to purchase
Slendrina is back and she is more evil than ever. Users must search her house to find out who she really is. Look for 8 pieces of a picture to open a key cabinet. Then head down to the spooky cellar and find out her scary secret. Also, search for other keys to open doors throughout the house. Always be on the lookout for the evil that awaits. This game includes ads. Requires internet connection to continue playing where your character died at.
- Another installment for the Slendrina fans
- Find out what Slendrina’s scary secret is
- Search for keys to open doors
- Need Internet connection
- Game contains advertisements
This game might start off a little confusing for some players, but it quickly becomes an addiction that you can’t put down. The challenges keep players coming back for more. The goal is to last your shift as the robots seem to be out to get you. It’s part horror and part runner, with a whole lot of fun. There are numerous in-app purchases to enhance or expedite gameplay.
- An addicting game that takes some time to get used to
- Can be more challenging than it appears
- Part horror and part runner
- Try to survive your work shift as things are out to get you
- In-app purchases to expedite or enhance gameplay
The second installment of Dungeon Nightmares is even scarier than the first. In fact, it’s considered one of the scariest apps on the iOS. The app has an intense atmosphere where you must survive the night and find clues. However, you are not alone when stumbling through the dark. There levels have a 3D design, creepy music and cool special effects. It also has a smooth gameplay, intuitive touch controls and more.
- One of the scariest apps for the iOS
- The goal is to find clues and survive the night
- 3D designs and sound, Creepy atmosphere
- Intuitive touch controls, Smooth gameplay
- Traditional dual stick controls
This game is the prologue for the Forever Lost series, but it doesn’t require users to play both. The goal is to discover clues, solve puzzles and help Alice escape the cabin. The backgrounds and overall graphics are captivating. The soundtrack is eerie and adds to the suspense of this game. You can auto-save wherever you left off. An in-game camera can be used to take photos of clues and rooms that you find. There’s an in-app purchase to unlock hints.
- Help Alice escape the creepy cabin
- Find clues, Solve puzzles
- Great looking graphics, Spooky environment
- Captivating soundtrack, Auto-save
- In-app purchase to unlock hints