Whether you have an interest in human rights, are studying it in school, or it relates to your career this list of apps can prove to be quite interesting and purposeful. There are apps geared for adults and youths who wish to take an active approach in protecting, learning about, and sharing knowledge about human rights around the world, not just in your own country.
The best iPhone and iPad apps for Human Rights
13 May 2021, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
If you have taken an interest in learning about Human Rights, or you are a student who is currently studying it, the Youth for Human Rights Online Education app can act as a perfect educational tool. The goal of this app isn't just to provide information on research and advocacy groups but to also provide educational material complete with activities that you can put to use. If you are a teacher, this app is even more ideal as it offers an interactive classroom environment and a complete Educator's Guide. This app can also prove useful for parents, mentors, and youth group leaders.
- Learn about Human Rights, research, and advocacy groups
- The app is loaded with educational material and exercises/activities
- This app offers an interactive classroom environment and an Educator’s Guide
- This app can be used by students, those with an interest in Human Rights, parents, mentors, and youth group leaders
Part of making Human Rights understandable is offering the proper educational materials in a user-friendly manner. The United for Human Rights Online Education app puts the tools that educators need in their hands. By doing this the goal is that educators can then integrate it into their lessons with ease. This one is a virtual online educational experience. The educational material has been created for secondary, post-secondary, and adult education classes. Information can complement a current program or act as a stand-alone and complete lesson. The app is loaded with all kinds of tools and features for both the teacher and the students.
- This app features tools for both educators and students
- The content can complement an existing course or act as a stand-alone lesson
- The educational material has been created for secondary, post-secondary, and adult education classes
Just a few short years ago the Universal Declaration of Human Rights celebrated its 60th birthday and at that time the United Nations Declaration of Human Rights [UN] app was released. This app provides users with the complete text of the Declaration so there is no need to carry around the cumbersome book. Here you will find each of the 30 articles that were created by those that put the Declaration together. It is here that principles and standards were drawn up and published for all of mankind to see and adhere to. The app is simple and quick to move through so you can find exactly what it is you’re interested in.
- This app contains the complete text of the United Nationals Declaration of Human Rights
- The app is very quick and easy to navigate
- All 30 articles can be found here
For women interested in learning about human rights specifically in regards to women this app can act as a user-friendly reference tool. The Women’s Human Rights app has been created by the Swiss Federal Department of Foreign Affairs and the SCHR/ICGS and can be used for its legal and practical tools and information. The ideal is that this one can help to make negotiations smoother, faster, and more effective where gender equality and women's human rights are concerned. To ensure the volume of content doesn't feel overwhelming there is a search tool that can speed up the process quite a bit.
- Meant for those with an interest in women’s human rights and gender equality
- There is a search tool to help speed the process along
- This has been created by the Swiss Federal Department of Foreign Affairs and the SCHR/ICGS