If you want to learn about weightlifting, track your workouts or change up your current routines, then check out our list of the best weightlifting apps for the iPhone.
The best iPhone apps for weightlifting
27 Apr 2020, by Rick Rockwell
Get Stronger and Build Muscle with StrongLifts. Simple, effective weight lifting program. StrongLifts plans your workouts, and does all the thinking for you. Just go to the gym, follow the app, and get results. StrongLifts guides you through each workout like a personal trainer. Rated 5 stars by tens of thousands of StrongLifters all over the world.
- Intense, full body workouts to target every muscle with only three exercises
- Science-backed “Progressive Overload” to trigger gains and motivation
- Apple Health compatible: sync workouts, body-weight, calories
- Simple workouts to increase gym consistency
Regardless of your experience level or goals for weightlifting, Gravitus might just be the weightlifting app that you have been looking for and need. In fact, it could possibly be the app that helps you get over the hump, break through the wall and hit some personal bests. This app is simple and fast to use. Quickly log workouts or repeat previous ones, plan workouts ahead of time, setup training maximums, automatically compute weightlifting goals, monitor progress via charts, discover new exercises through the videos and tips in this app, get 1-rep max calculations and more. Your workout data is safe through this app. There are in-app purchases for monthly or yearly subscriptions.
- A fast, simple and powerful tool for weightlifting
- Log workouts, plan workouts, repeat workouts
- Compute weightlifting goals, 1- rep max, Track progress via charts
- Discover or add new exercises to the database
- In-app purchases for monthly or yearly subscriptions
This awesome app will make sure you are motivated and on track with your workouts. It provides a simple input feature to log in the exercises you have done as well as your rep count. Users can add custom exercises as well as workout programs. You can also have the app give you the day's workout along with the weights used in the previous session, to make sure you're hitting the progressive overload! The app has integration with iCloud for backups, the Health app for tracking, and with Facebook and Twitter - because no workout is complete without showing it off on social media!
- Track your workouts with ease
- Add custom exercises and workout programs
- iCloud integration to save workouts
- Syncs with Apple Health app
- Social media integration
Weightlifting doesn’t have to be some frustrating or difficult activity. It can actually be a methodic and exciting approach to improving your health and your physique. StrongBod is a tool that can help users to accomplish their goals and transform their bodies. This app allows users to quickly record weight, sets and reps of your workouts. Additionally, this app can mix up your workouts based on the exercises you have chosen, automatically cycles through four key workouts, displays your progress via graphs, review your workouts via a Calendar, take notes for each workout and much more. This app also has an in-app purchase for the pro version.
- Record weight, sets and reps
- The app will mix-up workouts based on your chosen exercises
- Track and display progress via graphs
- Review past workouts via Calendar, Take notes for each workout
- In-app purchase for Pro version
Learn how to properly perform a tricky yet basic powerlifting exercise - the Snatch - with the help of this app.
- Teaches you the technique behind “Snatching”
- Allows you to perfect the Olympic style of weightlifting
- Detailed tutorials
- Full 3D views
Olympifit Snatch by Bob Pavone app review: take lessons from a champion
For those of you who don't want to think about how many plates go on each side of the bar, this app will do all the boring calculations for you!
- Meant to be used for weightlifting competitions
- Displays equal amount of weights to be loaded on each end of the bar by calculation
- Color-coordinated diagrams
- Automatically converts pound to kilos and vice-versa
- Intuitive interface
BarzLoaded app review: providing convenience for weightlifters
You can share your weightlifting routine with the rest of the world, and it all starts with this app!
- Highly visual presentation of your workout logs
- Includes similar activities like CrossFit and yoga
- Random workout suggestions daily
- Shows you the “timeline” from your weightlifting sessions
- Shares to most social networking accounts
Cody app review: track your workouts and interact with a massive online fitness community-2020
Log various stats of your workout using this handy app which has very simple input functions.
- Motivates you to working out
- Automatic thumbnails
- Create custom workouts
- Pre-filled exercise data
- Lifetime support
Keep track of your routines, increase in strength progress, and more with this app.
- Ideal for beginners
- Fully optimizable
- Very easy to use
- Hi-res videos
- Intuitive interface
This is like your very own personal trainer as it teaches you exercises, routines, and more.
- Teaches powerlifting
- Full-bodied workouts
- Tracks your progress easily
- Lets you reaches your natural potential
- 24/7 support