If you're a tennis fan, enjoy playing it, or manage a tennis team, then check out our list of the best tennis apps for your iPhone. This list includes some awesome offerings that range from tracking your own tennis matches to tracking professionals. Additionally, you will find apps that help you discover local tennis courts and friendly competition to apps that will guide you in your quest to improve your tennis playing.
The best tennis apps for iPhone
8 May 2020, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
Tennis TV is the official live video streaming app of the ATP Tour. Watch live tennis on your Apple TV, iPhone or iPad from all 64 tournaments a year, as well as full match replays, classic matches, highlights and features. With Tennis TV you get live tennis online, whenever and wherever you want.
- Live streaming of up to 64 ATP tournaments.
- More than 2,000 matches a year.
- Up to 8 courts of simultaneous coverage.
- All ATP Masters 1000 and ATP 500 tournaments including BNP Paribas Open Indian Wells, Miami Open, Rogers Cup and more!
If you are in need of a resource to keep track of your tennis activities then this is the app for you. Smashbook is a smash hit with its wide range of options to keep track of your tennis matches and practice sessions. Additionally, you can also keep track of other players during their live matches and follow your friends’ sessions. Whenever desired, you can go back through and analyze all of the stats, view your activities and much more. Your data is stored on a private cloud serve so that you never lose it and can access it from any iDevice that has the app. The free version is limited, but there’s an in-app purchase to upgrade to the Go Pro version.
- Quite possibly the best tennis stat tracker
- Keep track of live matches and practice sessions
- Review activity and analyze past stats
- Plenty of options for customization
- In-app purchases to upgrade to the Go Pro version
Tenniskeeper ranks right along Smashbook as one of the best tennis trackers for the iOS. In fact, either app will provide users with all of the essentials needed to keep track, log and analyze tennis stats for yourself or others. Some of the awesome features found in this app are the HealthKit integration, documenting your opponent’s style and play, Social Sharing of your data or activities, and storing data on the Apple iCloud. There is an in-app purchase to unlock the full version. Keep track of your tennis data, analyze it, learn from it and become a much better player because of it.
- A terrific tennis tracking app
- Log your matches, practice sessions and more
- HealthKit integration, Social Sharing
- Backup on iCloud, Review your data whenever you want
- In-app purchase for full version
This tennis app provides tennis lovers or players with news, scores, videos and more. Enjoy a news feed that has all of the prominent tennis news sources. See live scores for all of the latest tennis matches and tournaments. Follow your favorite players or tournaments, view YouTube videos, get push notifications, see all news outlets that cover individual story, customize your news feed, block sources or topics and more. There’s an in-app purchase to remove ads.
- A fantastic tennis resource for news, scores and more
- Get live scores, View YouTube videos
- Follow your favorite players and tournaments
- Customize your news feed, All major news outlets included
- In-app purchase to remove ads
If you follow the sport of tennis then this is an app that you should seriously consider downloading. It provides a wealth of information on ATP and WTA players so that you can stay informed on the latest happenings. Follow schedules of players, view their current rankings and projected rankings, see live scores and much more. It’s a handy tool even if you are only a part-time tennis enthusiast who turns on the television just to watch the Grand Slam events. The app is free and won’t take up much space on your iDevice.
- Follow ATP and WTA tennis players
- View their upcoming schedules
- See current and projected rankings for players
- View live scores
- The app is free, Small sized app
The USTA.tv app allows diehard tennis fans the chance to watch content that’s posted on their official Dartfish TV channel. This content includes videos of top professionals that’s designed to educate and enrich tennis fans. There are major topics covered like strength, conditioning, mental toughness and more. Renowned experts will teach viewers key aspects of the tennis game and the training that goes into becoming a better tennis player. This is a tremendous app for those younger kids looking to learn tennis and for coaches or parents looking to learn more tennis drills, tips and more. A log-in account will be assigned to parents, coaches and players to view this content.
- Provides instructional videos
- Content taught by renowned experts
- Private content that requires an assigned log-in
- Full screen and landscape modes
- Videos are in High Definition
Arguably, the best live tennis app on the market. This app allows you to follow your favorite players and your favorite tournaments live and in real-time. The app features live scores, live statistics of matches, results for completed matches, orders of play, draws, ATP and WTA rankings, a calendar of tournament events, bios for players, matchup records, and more. You can share info with friends via social media. Additionally, this app is in 15 different languages.
- Lists daily tournaments
- Live rankings
- Multilingual functions
- Updated player biographies
- Officially licensed
With this app, you can be sure that there’ll be no silly arguments breaking out on the court! This app is a powerful score keeping system so that you always know what the exact score is for any kind of tennis match. You can also broadcast the live scores for friends and family to monitor, log-in via email or a social media account, view incredibly detailed stats on matches, view point history, filter shot stats, and so much more. This really is a tremendous app with so many wonderful features that it should be highly considered as a worthy download. It's more than just a scoring app, it's a poweful tennis tracker.
- Allows scoring for different tennis rulesets
- Also includes the Canadian ruleset
- Special scoring system for junior leagues
- Three scoring modes
- Customizable scoring for tiebreaker situations
Tennis Score Tracker app review: keep track of your score