The website MDCalc.com that global healthcare professionals know and trust for medical calculations, EBM and clinical decision support is now available on the iTunes App Store!
Now with amazing expert content, and an entirely new way to discover new calculators through our advanced, algorithm-based search and filter technology.
Unique functionality not available on other calculator apps:
• Works offline in limited or poor connection settings.
• Unique search and filter with specialized algorithm to quickly discover calculators by name, abbreviation, disease, chief complaint, type and specialty.
• Customizable lists for quick access to: favorites, most recently used and specialty-specific calculators.
• Favorites synced between the app and MDCalc.com website [COMING SOON!]
Exclusive content features:
• Includes content and advice from specialist experts and the creators of the calculators themselves (e.g. Dr. Phil Wells’ comments on the Wells’ Criteria).
• Expert content helps you use the calculator better: who to apply it to, pearls & pitfalls, what to do next with the results, etc.
• Evidence-Based Medicine (EBM) synopses make you an academic!
• Detailed background information on all calculators including derivation and validation primary references.
And of course, all the easy-to-use, practical and fast decision clinical decision support that you have come to expect from MDCalc:
• Created by practicing, Board-certified physicians for use by physicians, residents, PAs, NPs and med students
• Tools for 40+ specialties including cardiology, critical care, emergency, endocrinology, gastroenterology, hematology, infectious disease, internal medicine, nephrology, neurology, obstetrics, orthopedics, pediatrics, primary care, psychiatry, pulmonology, surgery, urology and more!
• Ability to change between SI vs US units along with suggested normal values for inputs.
• Color-coded input errors based on automatic input range checks.
The most widely used AND validated point-of-care clinical decision calculators including:
» CHA2DS2-VASc Score for Atrial Fibrillation Stroke Risk
» Creatinine Clearance (Cockcroft-Gault Equation)
» Wells’ Criteria for Pulmonary Embolism
» MELD Score (Model For End-Stage Liver Disease) (12 and older)
» Calcium Correction for Hypoalbuminemia
» SIRS, Sepsis, and Septic Shock Criteria
» Fractional Excretion of Sodium (FENa)
» Maintenance Fluids Calculations
» Corrected QT Interval (QTc)
» HAS-BLED Score for Major Bleeding Risk
» CHADS2 Score for Atrial Fibrillation Stroke Risk
» Child-Pugh Score for Cirrhosis Mortality
» TIMI Risk Score for UA/NSTEMI
» PERC Rule for Pulmonary Embolism
» Wells’ Criteria for DVT
» Mean Arterial Pressure (MAP)
» Centor Score (Modified) for Strep Pharyngitis
» Absolute Neutrophil Count (ANC)
» Glasgow Coma Scale/Score (GCS)
» CURB-65 Severity Score
» ABCD2 Score for TIA
» Anion Gap
» NIH Stroke Scale/Score (NIHSS)
» HEART Score for Major Cardiac Events
» GRACE ACS Risk and Mortality Calculator