Kinvolved’s Campus Kit is an app that helps students stay on track during their college experiences. We help you access the support and tips you need to make your first year and years beyond a success!
Our app helps you track their attendance as it checks them into class with geofencing technology. Points and badges can be earned for showing up to class on time, every day.
Our app sends you reminders about important deadlines and events on campus. You can view a list of relevant events, deadlines, and dates. You can also “favorite” events that are important. This will help you stay organized and up-to-date about things happening on campus.
We have organized information about counseling and support, health care services on campus, financial aid, tech support, child care, and more from your college’s website to make it easier for you to access information via your app. You can view all resources, rate your experiences, and leave tips for other students.
Our app also provides real-time help by prompting you to connect with support services and on-campus resources, which are often difficult to locate and navigate through college websites and online portals.
Lastly we make it easy to get in touch with counselors and peers on campus. You can easily send an email or make a phone call to your designated advisor. You can message peers also using that app via our in-app communication tool. Your personal information will never be shared, such as your phone number or email, and you can safely communicate with peers about homework and study groups, events on campus, or whatever else might make your first year in college easier.
Our features include:
- Check in to class and track your attendance so that you can easily stay on track
- Record reasons why you missed class to keep a personal, private record of attendance
- Seek help directly from support services (counselors/mentors) by accessing information regarding services in the app and contacting services directly
- Write tips of services to promote transparency of efficacy, and support self-advocacy of resources and services you access on campus
- View important dates, deadlines, events on campus to stay on track and involved
- Receive push notifications about important events and deadlines
- View curated tips, information, and helpful hints in your newsfeed
- Communicate with classmates and peers also using the app without sharing personal contact information
- Accumulate points and badges, representative of your accomplishments in recording attendance, leaving tips, and developing community across your campus
- Upload a profile picture and tag line
- During class times, the app will track your location in the background to determine whether you're present, late, or absent for class.
- Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.