Japan is a world apart – a cultural Galapagos where a unique civilisation blossomed, and today thrives in delicious contrasts of traditional and modern. The Japanese spirit is strong, warm and incredibly welcoming.
Savouring the delights of Japanese cuisine on its home turf is half the reason to come to Japan and you can easily build an itinerary around regional specialities and sublime restaurants. Eat just one meal in a top-flight Tokyo sushi restaurant – or gulp down fresh noodles at a station counter – and you’ll see why. The Japanese attention to detail, genius for presentation and insistence on the finest ingredients results in food that can change your idea of what is possible in the culinary arena.
The wonders of Japan’s natural world are a well-kept secret. The hiking in the Japan Alps and Hokkaidō is world class, and with an extensive hut system you can do multiday hikes with nothing more than a knapsack on your back. Down south, the coral reefs of Okinawa will have you wondering if you’ve somehow been transported to Thailand. And you never have to travel far in Japan to get out into nature: in major hubs like Kyoto, just a short trip from the city will get you into forested mountains.
Standing at the far-eastern end of the Silk Road and drawing influences from the entire continent, Japan has spent millennia taking in and refining the cultural bounties of Asia to produce something distinctly Japanese. From the splendour of a Kyoto geisha dance to the spare beauty of a Zen rock garden, Japan has the power to enthral even the most jaded traveller. Traditional culture is only half the story: an evolving contemporary-art scene, dynamic design, and a veracious appetite for pop-culture trends all help shape the fascinating old-meets-new cultural landscape.
Travellers to Japan have always found themselves entranced by a culture that is by turns beautiful, unfathomable and downright odd. Staying in a ryokan (traditional Japanese inn) is utterly different from staying in a hotel. Sitting in a robe on tatami (woven floor matting) eating raw fish and mountain vegetables is probably not how you dine back home. Getting naked with a bunch of strangers to soak in an onsen (hot spring) might seem strange at first, but try it and you'll find it's relaxing. And with helpful locals, spotless facilities and excellent public transport, you can experience this exoticism with ease.
Japan Hotel Booking 80% Deals help you to find the best hotel deals from all major travel websites with one quick and easy search.
No fees, no mark-up - 100% free! You can now search over 5 million hotel deals in over 120,000 destinations worldwide from this app.
• Simple search by location, dates and guests.
• Search results can be viewed two ways - on a map or in a list format.
• View all hotel details, guest ratings, images and features the hotel offers.
• Comparison table for all hotels and the best rates available for all our partner booking sites.
• Refine your search by price, star ratings, areas, hotel features and more.
• Compare accommodation prices across hundreds of sites and apps in just one quick and easy search.
• Book with our partner websites by simply clicking “book” on your hotel of choice.
• Support 40 languages and 120 currencies.
• Chat forum for travellers worldwide.
• Create a free postcards and share with friends.
• Travel tips, things to do and place of attractions.
• Simple and easy-to-use interface.
Japan Hotel Booking 80% Deals is the only hotels app you’ll ever need!
Hostel and motel listing is also in our app. Book your room now!