Phonics: Letter Sounds is an app designed for young children who are about to start learning to read.
Ideal for 3 and 5 year old, the Pippop Letter Sounds App will help children master the letters of the alphabet and their most common sounds.
Understanding this relationship between letters and sounds lies at the very heart of learning to read, so it's well worth making sure your child is building on strong foundations!
The app has 26 areas to complete - that is one for every letter of the alphabet.
Each area has three activities:
Your child can enjoy our 4 - 5 minute animated video introducing the letter sound.
Then child can practise matching the letter and sound with our game.
And finally your child can draw their own version of the letter.
Once they've done all three of those activities they complete the badge for that letter!
There's no better way to get your child inspired and excited about learning to read - so give it a go!
- 26 animated episodes starring Pip and Pip and our 26 letter sounds characters
- Download videos to watch offline
- Practise drawing all the letters of the alphabet (you can choose the colour!)
- Fun game to practise the relationship between the letters and their sounds
- Customize your letter sounds badges
- Take the classroom in your pocket by having the app on your iPhone or iPad