Dell Play Through™ is a data-driven golf experience through a real city, in first-person street view. Tee off on the 9-hole Austin Open, and explore the best and weirdest of downtown Austin. Swing your phone to drive it over, around and through such famed spots as the Paramount Theater, Franklin BBQ, the Driskill Hotel, and the Texas State Capitol. Sign in with Facebook to challenge your friends to a round or a one-shot long- drive contest. Use the game’s real-time data to sharpen your skills on the urban links.The Austin Open: Nine-hole Curated Course
Want to see the best of Austin? Drive it. And chip it and putt it. Play a nine-hole downtown golf course in street view—with real-time data to improve your shot and surprises around every corner. The hottest restaurants, bars and museums are your fairways, hazards and greens. Invite friends. Share your score. And make people wonder why you’re swinging your phone like that.
Swing your phone. Golf the city.
• View your lie in street view or overhead map view.
• Check the data sheet for distance to the hole, real-time wind speed and direction.
• Note the max distance for each club and select your club based on a pro’s recommendation.
• Select your shot angle based on risk vs. reward: you can play it safe, or try a shortcut—but be careful, out-of-bounds on this course, earns you a one-shot penalty. Adjust the angle of your shot by dragging the dial.
• Swing your phone like a golf club or swipe with your finger to hit your shot. Toggle club speed and trajectory to become an elite urban ball striker.
• The Caddie Book tracks your performance shot by shot, and shows where you stand on your leaderboard of friends or competitors.
• Austin landmarks within the course are detailed in the Caddie Book. Click on the venue for local knowledge, and see which locations are hottest on Foursquare.
Data Drive: Long-Drive Contest
You don’t have to be in Austin to hit a 300-yard downtown drive. Turn on your phone’s location to create an instant tee and fairway, on a street near you. Challenge friends to a long-drive contest. OK, now let it fly. Let the big dog eat. Air mail it. Choose your long-distance metaphor.
Share your score or long-drive distance with friends on Facebook.
Dell Play Through is powered by Dell and Intel®, with social data provided by Foursquare.