The Westmead Anaesthetic Manual by Tony Padley has become a household name in anaesthetic circles; no other anaesthetic manual on the market is as compact, comprehensive and user friendly. This app represents a concise version of the fully revised and updated fourth edition, published in 2015. Examples of current best practice covered include the latest cardiac arrest management guidelines from the Australian Resuscitation Council, management of the ‘Can’t Intubate, Can’t Oxygenate’ situation, and the most current recommendations for the management of anaphylaxis from the ANZCA Anaesthetic Allergy Group.
Also included are:
• detailed descriptions of hundreds of established drugs in anaesthesia plus many new, relevant medications
• a detailed analysis of nearly all the novel anticoagulant drugs and their anaesthetic implications
• an explanation of recent concepts and applications, such as effect site total intravenous anaesthesia
• step-by-step guidelines on practical procedures such as thoracic epidurals, central line insertion and regional anaesthesia using ultrasound
• detailed advice on new topics such as robotic surgery, interventional neuro-radiological procedures and the use of ultrasound to diagnose pneumothorax.
This is the app you need when dealing with the complex, the unexpected and the dreaded in anaesthetic practice. Never before has the essential information in the Westmead Anaesthetic Manual been more conveniently and instantly accessible.
The full text of Westmead Anaesthetic Manual 4e is available through https://www.mheducation.com.au.