The OFFICIAL ABRSM Scales Trainer is a fun and rewarding way to learn scales and arpeggios for Piano and Violin. It is particularly valuable for students preparing for ABRSM exams at grades 1-5, and anyone wishing to focus on their piano or violin technique. It’s been uniquely developed to combat the boredom and repetitiveness students often associate with routine scales practice.
This free lite version features content for one scale at each grade, plus the full Quiz function. You may upgrade to all content for Piano and Violin Grades 1 to 5 in app.
There are five main features to help you build familiarity and confidence:
• Practice Area – for every scale and arpeggio you can view the notation or listen to example recordings played at exam tempo (or a different speed of your choosing)
• Play and Compare – record and review your own playing against example performances and monitor your progress
• Play with Band – when you need to liven up your practice session and put your scales to good use, this is a great way to make scales more musical and fun
• Practice History – see your past activity and progress on each scale and arpeggio
• Quiz – challenge yourself with a string of requirements for the grade exam
Scales Trainer can help you:
• Build familiarity with ABRSM requirements and prepare effectively for exams
• Make practice more engaging with short, playful exercises
• Develop a musical ear and improve technique
• Appreciate the importance of scales in relation to music making
This versatile tool features a fantastic mix of interactive exercises and useful information to help you prepare for ABRSM exams. It’s a flexible tool which can be used in a variety of situations including individual practice sessions and lessons.
The app covers all scale and arpeggio requirements for ABRSM Grades 1 to 5 for Piano and Violin.