A new compendium of adventures, from the best-selling and award-winning Wild Guide series, now released for the Yorkshire Dales, Nidderdale, Forest of Bowland and parts of the South Pennines.
Imagine a summer spent swimming in mountain waterfalls, exploring lost ruins and caverns, and camping in ancient forests. In this explorer’s compendium you will discover the most exciting and lesser-known places to visit in the Lake District and Yorkshire Dales, with magical places to stay and where to find the very best local and artisan food, straight from the farm or field. Featuring stunning photography and engaging travel writing, this is the perfect book for families seeking new adventures off the beaten track, or explorers dreaming up their ultimate weekend escape.
Guiding you to 350 secret places and wild adventures, including slow food treats and quirky places to stay, this book is perfect for the discerning explorer seeking unusual things to do off the beaten track, for families and for couples dreaming about the ultimate weekend escape.
• Wild swim in the best waterfalls, river pools and blue lagoons
• Discover secret beaches and islands you can canoe to
• Find the best easy ridge scrambles and gorge walks
• Avoid the crowds with lesser known easy peaks and hidden valleys
• Discover extraordinary caverns, caves, grottoes and ruins
• Enjoy meadows and amazing wildlife
• Seek out micro breweries and artisan food producers
• Sleep in a bothy or shepherd’s hut, or wild camp with our secret reccommendations
Daniel Start is an award-winning travel writer and photographer. He is author of Wild Swimming, Hidden Beaches and Wild Guide South East. Tania Pascoe is a naturalist and food writer. She is author of Wild Garden Weekends and Wild Guide South West. The Wild Guide series was winner of the Travmedia Travel Guidebook of the Year 2015