Written by residents who are assisted by faculty co-authors and an outstanding editorial team. Download the FREE app and view selected topics (Approximately 10% of the content is viewable in the free app and tapping on the locked topic will launch the in-app purchase screen).
'proven itself as the go-to reference for clinicians at all levels'
'divided into topics rather than using a traditional organ system approach'
'topics include preventive cardiology, heart failure and cardiomyopathy, pericardial and valvular heart disease'
'presented in an easy to read bullet format for faster recognition'
'one of the foundational books that medical house officers rely on'
Weighted Numerical Score: 97 - 5 Stars!
Doodys Publishers' Club Friday, April 29, 2016
ABOUT: The Washington Manual of Medical Therapeutics
Must have medical resource in the ward - helps you diagnose and treat hundreds of medical conditions. Consult clinical recommendations from a resource that has been trusted on the wards for 50+ years.
Based on: 35th Edition
Author: Dr. Pavan Bhat MD Alexandra Dretler MD Mark Gdowski Rajeev Ramgopal MD Dominique Williams
Publisher: Wolters Kluwer Health | Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
Discover why housestaff and faculty worldwide depend on this best-selling medical text! Concise and user-friendly, The Washington Manual® of Medical Therapeutics, 35th Edition, focuses on the essential information you need to know for successful patient care. Written by residents who are assisted by faculty co-authors and an outstanding editorial team, this must-have reference presents brief, logical approaches to diagnosis and management of commonly encountered medical conditions, including new therapies that improve patient outcomes. Thoroughly updated throughout, the 35th Edition provides a clear view of the challenges faced by residents, interns, medical students, and other practitioners, plus offers practical solutions, and expert guidance – all in one convenient and easily accessible source.
- Thoroughly updated to reflect the increasing and ever-changing advances in medical technology and therapeutics.
- Comprehensive coverage addresses all areas of medicine and the core subspecialties, including neurology and toxicology content.
- Concise, practical format features a brief discussion of pathophysiology, an evidence-based presentation of current therapies, and need-to-know diagnostic and therapeutic guidance from global experts.
- Easy-to-follow guidelines, diagrams, and algorithms assist in the diagnosis, investigation, and management of frequently encountered medical conditions.
- Edited by Internal Medicine Chief Residents from the Washington University School of Medicine and Barnes-Jewish Hospital in St. Louis.
- Complete content with enhanced navigation
- Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links
SPECIAL APP FEATURES:
Locate a disease, symptom or medication in the fastest possible manner:
- Use "Spotlight Search" from Home screen
- Tap and Hold launch icon to open Last Topic, History, Favorites ..
- Navigate using multiple indices
- History to open frequently visited pages
NEVER FORGET ANYTHING:
Mark topics with relevant information:
- Rich-text notes
- Voice memos
- Annotations with scribble, doodle or text
You choose the method to note this regardless of the context you are in to ensure that the important facts are available whenever you access the topic, whether it is tomorrow or six months from now.