News: The newest update has just been released! This update supports more UPC codes (the largest problem you will note from negative reviews), and returns more reviews than ever before! We are still working on using the camera to read UPC codes, and will have more updates in upcoming weeks with more features.
Have you ever wanted to quickly check out prices or reviews for something you are looking at in a store, comparing either online or local alternatives? With Checkout SmartShop, now you can!
Using our optimized UPC entry screen and large number pad, you quickly enter the UPC of a product you are looking at and within moments get Amazon reviews, varied online and retail store prices along with locations and phone numbers of stores nearby. Even on EDGE networks prices and reviews load quickly, so you can get on with your shopping.
Why do you need Checkout SmartShop?
• UPC entry much quicker than typing in long product name in web search.
• Unlike many web UPC checkers, Checkout looks for prices from multiple stores at once and gets you results more quickly.
• History of searches kept so you can quickly compare reviews between products.
• Checkout pages load faster than using the web to search individual websites.
• Presents most useful online reviews to help you make an informed choice.
• Large type used wherever possible through the application for ease in reading.
• Built for both EDGE and 3G iPhones.
Note: This is currently an iPhone only application, we are considering allowing use on the Touch at a future date where the UPC can be stored and then searched for later.
Note 2: Currently Checkout does not find UPC results for some food products, and in general is targeted to department store or electronics shopping (the reason why some people are not finding UPC's). It will now find results for many items for which few online prices can be found, so if you're entering a bag of pretzels do not be surprised if little pricing info is to be found!
This latest update finds more bar codes than ever before, If anyone encounters bar codes that do not work, please email them to us so we can see why they are not found. Thanks!