Hooked: Pocket Fishing is the first completely interactive fishing experience for the iPhone and iPod Touch. Hooked: Pocket Fishing simulates casting, reeling, setting the line, changing your reel rate to compensate for the fish's behavior, and managing your equipment for the best chances at catching a fish. (Check out the web site for a short demo video).
The app uses on-screen controls, the accelerometer, and gives visual, sound, & vibration feedback. It includes a fisherman's guide that provides information about the three included lakes, more than twenty species of fish (including some surprise fun objects like baseball caps), nine popular baits, rods, reels, rigs, and a bobber.
Although the imagery is 2D, it is beautifully composed of actual photos from the lakes, and the sounds are recorded from actual fishing equipment. The fish's behavior is accurate and dependent on the lake and gear selection, which is key to catching the right species (described in the included Fisherman's Guide). Detailed gameplay instructions (with pictures) will provide a quick dive into the most realistic iPhone fishing app yet, although we didn't manage to include a feature whereby you get the hook stuck in your fingers... (Not planning on it either.)
• Use of on-screen reeling, animation, accelerometer, vibration feedback & sound.
• Accurate representation of fish behavior in response to location, bait & gear.
• An underwater magnifying glass shows you what's happening on your line.
• Extensive and accurate fisherman's guide.
• A trophy room keeps track of the weightiest of each species caught.
• Instructions with pictures describing gameplay.
Developers & Apple are not responsible for iPhone or iPod Touches being thrown, dropped in the water, or the cost of counseling following addiction to pocket fishing. Enjoy.