Afraid is a sound box designed to inspire fear in the unsuspecting listener. The sounds selected are of the utmost highest quality and are well suited to amplification through external speakers.
If you have tried any of my other applications, you know that I am extremely selective of the sounds I choose. The sounds are FLAT OUT SCARY. I have tried them out on people watching TV in the dark and, I assure you, their reactions were worthy of YouTube. My results have been the best for "Zombie" and "Boo".
The illustrations in Afraid are all original artwork of Gonzo from Saabat Studio ( www.SaabatStudio.com ). Let me assure you that the illustrations in this app are seriously toned down versions of his creations.
Gonzo did a great job for me on this project and delivered high quality original artwork on time and on budget. If you are looking for custom artwork, I recommend Saabat Studio without reservation.
As always, if you have problems, suggestions, or comments about the app, please let me know!
If sound is not playing for you on Afraid, please try the following;
1) If you are using a 1st Gen iPod Touch, please verify that you have headphones or external speakers plugged in.
2) If you are using any iPod Touch click Settings | General | Sound Effects and verify that it is set to BOTH
3) If you are using any iPod or iPhone, please start a song from iTunes, and verify that you can hear the music,
4) If you are using an iPhone, verify that the mute switch on the side of the phone in in the UP position (no red dot showing)
5) I know this sounds strange, but it has worked in the past. If you are using an iPhone, please try toggling the mute switch off and on several times.
If you have tried all of the above, please reboot your device (which is what Apple recommends)
If the sound is still not working, please contact me so that I can assist you further.
Please send me an email if you get a chance at aaron@iDev2.com and let me know your 3 least favorite sounds. The votes on the sounds has been approx. even. Please let me know what NEW sounds you would like.