Collins English Dictionary Complete and Unabridged is the most comprehensive and authoritative dictionary, offering exceptional coverage of world, regional and dialectal English.
The dictionary includes the latest vocabulary - definitions, examples, idioms and usage notes are all based on the Collins Corpus, an unrivalled and constantly updated 2.5 billion word database of today's English, turning it into an authoritative and up-to-the-minute reference source.
With over 500, 000 English words and examples, Collins English Dictionary is a rich source of reference, recommended for: students of 12+ years, general business users, language lovers and crossword buffs.
* Straightforward and precise definitions of over 500,000 words, references and examples
* Cultural notes on life and language and 6,000 biographical entries
* Thousands of etymologies trace the roots of modern English
* Key expressions, example sentences and usage notes illustrate how words are used and show typical constructions and collocations
* Clear and intuitive design with quick and easy navigation contribute towards unique user experience
Collins English Dictionary Complete and Unabridged includes advanced search and language tools that have become the staple of quality language apps from MobiSystems, Inc.
SEARCH TOOLS – effortlessly find words using a clear, functional, and easy-to-use interface. The integrated search tools activate automatically the moment you start typing:
* Search autocomplete helps find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type
* Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases
* An automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ to correct word spelling, as well as ‘Wild card’ ('*' or '?') to replace a letter or entire parts of a word
* Camera search automatically searches for words in the camera viewfinder and displays results
LEARNING TOOLS – engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary:
* ‘Favorites’ feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library
* ‘Recent’ list to help you easily review looked-up words
* ‘Word of the day’ section to help expand your vocabulary every day
* Fun and engaging word games like ‘Hangman’, ‘Word scramble’ and ‘Anagrams’ give you the opportunity to use newly learned words
If you have any questions, feedback or suggestions please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.