BibleScope is a Bible study application designed exclusively for the iPad, iPhone and iPod touch. This version of BibleScope features the NIV Family pack which includes the New International Version (NIV) and the New International Reader's Version (NIrV). Also included in this version of BibleScope are The Message and Easy to Read Version (ERV) of the Bible.
In addition to these great new translations, it includes all of the other translations from the regular version of BibleScope:
- King James Version (KJV)
- NET Bible (NET)
- World English Bible (WEB)
- Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary,
- Spanish Reina Valera Antigua
- Easton's Bible Dictionary
Also available for free download from within BibleScope are the following translations and commentaries:
- KJV with Strongs
- Darby's Commentary
- Spanish Sagradas Escrituras
- Portuguese Translation
- German Luther Translation
- Russian Translation
- Chinese Union Simplified and Traditional
- Latin Vulgate
- Turkish Translation
- Korean Revised Version
- Byzantine Greek New Testament w/ accents
- Treasury of Scripture Knowledge
- Adam Clarke Commentary
- Italian La Nuova Diodati
- Japanese Colloquial Bible
- John Gill Commentary
and many more...
NOTE: I have some translations available for purchase from within BibleScope:
- English Standard Version (ESV)
- New American Standard Bible (NASB)
- La Palabra de Dios Para Todos (PDT)
- Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
- Holman Christian Standard Study Bible
- New Living Translation
· Notes can be entered for any verse by selecting the verse # as you are reading, or in the main Notes screen
· General notes can be used for capturing sermon or teachings that are not directly related to a single verse reference
· Add folders to your general notes to keep them organized
· Email the notes to a friend or somewhere else to share
· Sync your notes with my server so you always have a backup in case of a reinstall
· Edit your notes from a browser so you can add notes from other Bible sources and sync them back to your device
· Bookmarks can be entered for any verse by selecting the verse # as you are reading
· Organize your bookmarks by folders if you prefer to group some together
· Sync your bookmarks with the server so you always have a backup in case of a reinstall
· Add highlights to any verse by pressing the verse # and selecting highlighting mode.
· Choose from many different colors to highlight verses
· Keyword or phrase search to find key passages in the Bible
· Options to search in current book, OT, or NT
· Search the Easton's dictionary for many common Bible definitions
· Landscape mode for widescreen viewing including a split-screen view.
· Navigate all books and chapters of the Bible using either a "wheel dial" selector, a table selection with a shortcut bar to the right side, or single page with buttons for the book,chapter, and verse.
· Settings screen inside BibleScope includes background, font, font size, colors and many more options to customize your experience.
· No Internet connection needed. All Bible content is locally within the app
· Bars at the top and bottom slide in/away with a touch of the screen
· Split-screen display that shows two Bible versions simultaneously
· Words of Christ in red for the KJV, WEB, NIV, ESV, and NASB translations
· Verse history that keeps track of all navigated verses, and can easily navigate between them
· Daily devotional texts include Charles Spurgeon's Morning and Evening, Daily Path devotional, and a Daily Bible Reading selection. An additional screen is available for a daily reading plan to read through the Bible in a year.
More screenshots and information available at http://www.biblescopeapp.com