The goal of Claustrophobia is simple: keep the blocks from crossing the center line.
To do this, fire differed colored blocks to match the colors coming at you from the top and bottom of your screen. If you hit a group of 2 or more blocks of that color, all of those blocks will be removed. But beware, these blocks don't float! So if any of the blocks on the top suddenly lose the block above them, they'll fall. And that can cause problems for the bottom rows of blocks!
The larger the groups of blocks are, the higher your score gets! And if any of the falling blocks hit other groups of blocks those will be removed as well, giving you an even higher score!
In addition to the normal colored blocks are special blocks. These blocks have symbols on them and can only be activated by hitting them head on with your block. Watch out though, if they fall they're gone! And not all of them are good. Try to hit them, see what they do!
- Global score ranking
- Listen to your iTunes while you play
- 4 types of special blocks to switch things up
- 5 different modes of play:
- Classic Mode - The Claustrophobia you know and love.
- Crazy Gravity Mode - Hit special gravity toggle blocks to change the direction blocks fall. Or just rotate your iPhone!
- Pure Mode - Like Classic Mode, only with NO special blocks.
- Intense Mode - No holds barred. Special blocks are activated if they fall and the board closes in faster every minute!
- 2 Player Battle Mode - Battle it out with a friend via Bluetooth or on the Internet using Game Center! When you clear blocks your friend's blocks get pushed in further! (2 player battle mode requires an iPhone 3G and above, or a 2nd gen iPod Touch and above with OS 3.0 software)
- Brag about your score to Twitter or Facebook with the touch of a button!
Gameplay video available here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yryzTJA2cxs
To keep track of what I'm up to, follow @davidleblond on Twitter!