WritePad is an advanced notetaker app that lets you to take notes in your own handwriting, which is immediately converted to the digital text using PhatWare’s state-of-the-art handwriting recognition software. You can also use simple gestures to select text, cut, copy, paste, and insert special characters.
WritePad has a spell checker with its own custom dictionary, a context analyzer, auto-corrector, and a Shorthand feature that fills-in words and phrases you frequently use, once entered into the Shorthand Editor.
WritePad lets you save and transfer notes over Wi-Fi from your iPad to another iPhone or iPad, or synchronize your notes with Box, Dropbox, iCloud, Evernote, SkyDrive, Google Drive, and iTunes.
Benefits and Features
- Create and edit text documents using the advanced handwriting recognition engine or iPad keyboard for text entry in landscape or portrait mode.
- Improve productivity by utilizing inline gestures, spell checker, context analyzer, and shorthand features.
- Statistical analyzer, which improves overall handwriting recognition quality by addressing common recognition errors. If this feature is enabled, WritePad will learn the user's own handwriting style.
- Email, Tweet, Print, or post Facebook updates directly from WritePad.
- Synchronize or Import/Export WritePad documents with Box, Dropbox, Evernote, Google Drive, SkyDrive, iCloud, and iTunes.
- Translate documents to 16 supported languages using Bing Translator.
- Change WritePad's appearance by manipulating text, page, and ink colors using the customizable Styles feature.
Handwriting recognition is averrable as custom keyboard extension for the following languages:
- English (GB)
- Portuguese (BR)
Document Synchronization support:
- Google Drive
- WiFi (direct to device)
- iTunes (direct to PC)
Supported Handwriting Recognition Languages:
- English (UK, US)
- Portuguese (Brazil, Portugal)
UI translated to the following languages: