Measure the height of, or the distance to an object.
Great for finding out the height of that tree in your backyard (without climbing it!).
Using the iPhone's camera, sight the object through the cross-hairs. The iPhone's accelerometers are used to obtain an accurate elevation angle to the object.
Enter the distance to the object and its height can then be calculated. Alternatively, if the object's height is know, then the distance to it may be calculated.
The image with overlaid measurements can be saved as a photograph.
- use cross-hairs overlaid on the iPhone's camera display to accurately measure the elevation angle to the object
- calculate either the height of, or the distance to an object
- a button to hold the angle to allow easy adjustment of other parameters
- includes optional height offset to add a fixed value to the height calculation
- ability to safe the image with measurement details as a photograph
- can be used as an educational tool to teach trigonometry
- metric and imperial measure