BKNotes Pro for iPhone offers the superior capability to create, scan and update reading notes or excerpts for your books. With built-in powerful OCR engine, BKNotes Pro can capture the snapshot of the book page and notes, and convert them to electronic format text, which could be easily copied and emailed anytime anywhere. In addition, it is also a powerful notes/books library, supporting fulltext search and online book info retrieval, and even ISBN barcode scanning for fast book info entry. Currently English OCR is used by default, while French, German, Italian OCR Language Pack could be bought with In-App-Purchase. More OCR languages are coming!
BKNotes Pro is very suitable for students, researchers, avid book readers, and anyone who enjoys reading and wants to write down instant excerpts, thoughts and comments.
For example, with BKNotes Pro, you can easily take excerpts or notes of any books, just write the page number, and capture snapshot of your book page or paragraph, and add comments and notes. If you just have iPod Touch without camera, you can also use OCR functionality for imported photo.
BKNotes Pro's Main Features:
* Scan and OCR book excerpts and notes, currently support English text (French/German/Italian are supported by In-App purchase. More are coming!)
* Search and grab book information automatically from internet to build your own book library
* ISBN barcode scanning for fast book info entry (iOS4 installed iPhone with auto-focus camera required)
* Browse, manage or delete books from your library easily and conveniently
* Add snapshot of the reading book page or paragraph by device camera
* Instant access to your latest book notes
* Full-text search and fast access to your every notes
* Intuitive UI and note book alike interface
OCR Tips for better text recognition:
* Make sure the snapshot photo is well lit and flat, otherwise the words in gray shade or in curled margin might not be correctly recognized
* Make sure the snapshot is taken in sharp focus
* Put target text in the center of the snapshot photo taken, better with middle text size, too small text-size or too many text lines might lead to longer recognition time
BKNotes Pro recommends iOS 4 installed iPhone (better with auto-focus camera to support barcode scanning), but it also supports lower version iOS devices even without camera, like iPod Touch 2G.
Please kindly note that BKNotes is not a ebook content reader, but you are welcome to use it to take notes when reading with Kindle, iPad or any other ebook device.
BKNotes Pro will also be updated continuously, please remember to check and update from itunes!