Audiobook: Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson
Would you like be timely updated? Visit our site www.my-audio-books.com and follow out twitter, subscribe by email, or get a direct RSS feed.
Duration: 7h. 30 min.
Narrated by Adrian Praetzellis.
ABOUT THE BOOK:
A mysterious map, pirates, and pieces of eight! When young Jim Hawkins finds a map to pirates’ gold he starts on an adventure that takes him from his English village to a desert island with the murderous Black Dog, half-mad Ben Gunn, and of course Long John Silver.
Treasure Island is an adventure novel by Robert Louis Stevenson. First published as a book in 1883, it was originally serialized in the children's magazine Young Folks between 1881-82 under the title The Sea Cook, or Treasure Island.
Traditionally considered a coming-of-age story, it is an adventure tale known for its atmosphere, character and action.
- Jim Hawkins: the young boy who finds the treasure map;
- Billy Bones: ex-mate of Captain Flint's ship and possessor of the map of Treasure Island.
- Squire John Trelawney: a skilled marksman, he is naïve and hires the crew almost entirely on Long John Silver's advice.
- Dr. Livesey: a doctor, magistrate, former soldier and friend of Trelawney.
- Captain Alexander Smollett: captain of the Hispaniola.
- Long John Silver: formerly Flint's quartermaster, later leader of the Hispaniola's mutineers.
- Israel Hands: ship's coxswain and Flint's ex-gunner.
- Ben Gunn: a half-insane and marooned ex-pirate.
- Pew: a blind ex-pirate (used to be part of Flint's crew).
- Captain Flint: a feared pirate captain who dies in Savannah from rum.
Please note, this application:
- supports playback with locked screen
- includes text of the book and background music
For more free and paid audiobook applications please visit www.my-audio-books.com
We'll appreciate your feedback, sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
This book is a LibriVox recording. We support the LibriVox project.