iCTides for the iPhone and the iPod Touch provides predictions of times for high and low tides for over 4400 costal locations around the US, including Alaska, Hawaii and overseas US territories. Times are displayed with clocks that feature beautiful background images of tropical and ocean scenes. Soothing sounds of the ocean play in the background (can be disabled).
- High and low tide predictions for 4400 US costal locations.
- Tide location can be selected from a list or via points on the map.
- Also displays clocks for:
- Current Time
- Next Sunrise
- Next Sunset
- Next Moonrise
- Next Moonset
- Next Full Moon
- 55 background images that can be shown individually or as a slide show.
- Animated sweep second hand using a fishing pole and hook on the Current Time clock.
- Plays soothing ocean sounds in the background (can be disabled).
- Can be set to keep the iPhone on continuously for desk displays or to turn off automatically using the current iPhone settings.
- Tide and other times are calculated locally (no net access required for predictions).
iCTides is an Open Source program. The source code for iCTides can be obtained by emailing a request to:
Special thanks to David Flater for developing the original XTide program and to Ann Rucker for porting XTide to Cocoa.