LINDBERGH VS. ROOSEVELT by James P. Duffy (unabridged) is presented by Blackstone Audio and comes with what is perhaps the best audiobook app available (see FEATURES, below).
Was aviation pioneer and American hero Charles A. Lindbergh a Nazi sympathizer, or was he the target of a vicious personal vendetta by President Roosevelt? In Lindbergh vs. Roosevelt, James Duffy tackles these questions head-on by examining the conflicting personalities, aspirations, and actions of Franklin D. Roosevelt and Charles Lindbergh. Painting a politically incorrect portrait of both men, Duffy shows how the hostility between these two American giants divided the nation on both domestic and international affairs and how Lindbergh and Roosevelt’s clash of ideas shaped the nation’s policies here and abroad. Insightful and engaging, Lindbergh vs. Roosevelt reveals the untold story about two of history’s most controversial men and how the White House waged a smear campaign against Lindbergh that blighted his reputation forever.
Self-contained, this audiobook app is perfect for your commute, on a trip, or while relaxing. Based on a library-quality recording, this app was built especially for your iPhone and iPod Touch. No unreadable text, no endless scrolling on a tiny screen. The audio is of higher-than-normal quality, making for a great listening experience that will not tire your ears or grate on your nerves.
NOTICE: This app includes the exact same 5-star recording offered elsewhere at much higher prices. It was professionally recorded by Blackstone Audio’s Earphones® Award-winning narrator, Tom Weiner. You are not buying yet another amateur or volunteer narration. No clicks, background noises, throat clearing, mispronunciations, tinny voices or monotones will be found here.
• EXPERIENCE. About 7.5 hours of narration. Created as a Folium enhancedAudio™ edition, this book includes extra functions and features not found on lesser players.
• PLAYER CONTROLS. Includes listen (play), pause, multi-speed fast forward/reverse, jump ahead/back, chapter skip, volume control, one-touch chapter- and bookmark browser. There is also a “scrub” bar that finds any point inside the chapter with just a tap.
• SLEEP TIMER. Have you ever fallen asleep watching TV or listening to a book? If so, you'll love this feature. Once set, the book will stop, place a bookmark, and allow you to jump back to where you probably began dozing.
• CLEAR & ELEGANT DESIGN. Simple, clean, intuitive, and smarter than average.
• CHAPTER TIMINGS. Always know how much time it will take to finish a chapter. Plus, the progress bar at the top of the screen shows how far into the book you’ve come.
• OFFLINE LISTENING. You are airplane-ready! Once downloaded, listen uninterrupted without threat from a lost network connection. Downloads are usually just 5-10 minutes, but depend upon your network speed.
• AUTO-BOOKMARKING. The player remembers where you stopped listening and returns to that exact spot when you open the book again.
• TELL-A-FRIEND. An easy way to recommend the book to your friends or Twitter feed.
• FEEDBACK. Share your ideas for books, functions, and features. We are very responsive to our listeners and appreciate all feedback and ideas.
RATING: Suitable for adults who enjoy critiques of historical figures and re-examinations of the historical record.
“If you love reading twentieth-century American history, you’ll love this book.” (Thomas E. Woods, Jr., author of The Politically Incorrect Guide(TM) to American History)
“Duffy’s book is an excellent contribution to the research on the disappointing character of FDR as president.” (Burton Folsom, Jr., author of New Deal or Raw Deal?)