TurboScan+OCR gives you both a very accurate general purpose OCR app and a high-quality document scanner. Now you can scan and OCR your A4-format documents with the accuracy of 90% and more, edit, copy and store the recognized text, and e-mail your documents as PDF files with text, images, or both together!
★ OCR languages: Polish, Russian, Ukrainian, Czech, Hungarian, English, French, Spanish, German, and Italian
★ NOTE: To ensure the advertised results it is important that you follow the OCR TIPS below (or inside the app's help system).
★ NOTE: Not designed to work with iPod 4 / iPad 2 camera due to the lower resolution.
★ NOTE: Not designed to extract contact info from business cards.
"It worked great for me! I translated a whole story in spanish using the espanol language preference and then I copied and pasted it into a translator to get the whole story in English!"
"This app is really very good and I find it to be very accurate!"
>> TurboScan users.
TurboScan scans your documents using advanced image-processing algorithms to eliminate uneven lighting and shadows and improve contrast. The result is the clearest and most readable scans possible from the iPhone's camera. TurboScan also offers SureScan, our proprietary scanning mode that delivers sharper images with less jitter or smear.
Our unique "Email to myself" feature lets you send documents to a predefined address, or even upload them to an online storage service like Evernote or Box.net, with a single tap. Uploading documents to online services via email is fast, secure, and can be done even if you're temporarily off line. Refer to app help for details.
All processing happens on your iPhone, and the confidentiality of your data is never compromised.
• Letter-size or A4-size page OCR with accuracy of 95% for model 3GS, 98% for iPhone 4, and up to 90% for 3G
• OCR languages: Polish, Russian, Ukrainian, Czech, Hungarian, English, French, Spanish, German, and Italian
• Automatic document edge detection and perspective correction
• Multipage text recognition with accuracy indicator
• Text editing and copy-to-clipboard operations
• Built-in OCR text archive with file sharing via iTunes
• "Email to myself" feature
• Email multipage PDFs with text, single page image, or both
• Email text and image files (.TXT + .JPG), or save image to library
• Searchable PDFs with document images
• Preserves simple text formatting
• Auto-remove line breaks option
• SureScan mode for jitter-free scans
• Simple yet powerful user interface
• Instant brightness, rotation, and color controls
• Compact attachments with adjustable size
★ IMPORTANT TIPS FOR OCR:
• Make sure your document is flat and well lit. Hold your iPhone still while shooting. On iPhone 4 force the flash On.
• For iPhone 3G or earlier model, you must hold it at least 10-12 inches away from the document.
• Use rotation feature to ensure the text is horizontal after scanning.
• Scan documents using "SureScan 3x" mode.
• For letter-sized documents (8½ x 11 or A4), text size must be at least 12 points. For smaller text sizes try splitting the document into multiple parts (iPhone 4 works with even smaller fonts).
• Glossy paper may not work well (avoid glare).
• When scanning books keep the pages as flat as possible and your iPhone parallel to the surface.
• TurboScan+OCR cannot recognize handwritten or very large text correctly.
• Make sure to select the right language for OCR in app settings.
We value our customers' opinions and feedback. Please contact us at email@example.com. If you have a problem with our software, please contact us before submitting a comment to the app store. We can solve most of the problems, but we cannot respond to comments.