SayWhat: translator with high quality OCR engine
★ Take an image and quickly translate it into English ★
★ SayWhat is both the most accurate stand-alone OCR app available in the app store and a high-quality translator.
★ NOTE: To ensure the advertised results it is important that you follow the OCR TIPS below.
“It worked great for me! I translated a whole sentence into English!”
“This app is really very good and I find it to be very accurate!”
>> SayWhat users.
SayWhat scans an image using advanced image-processing algorithms to eliminate uneven brightness and shadows and to improve contrast, then uses a powerful translator engine to auto-detect the text in the image and translates it into English. The result is an accurately translated text from an image taken by the iPhone camera.
• Accuracy of 95% for model 3GS, 98% for iPhone 4, and up to 90% for 3G.
• OCR languages: English, French, Spanish, German, Dutch, Italian and more
• Document / billboard / flyer text recognition
• Preserves simple text formatting
• Automatic document edge detection and perspective correction
• Simple yet powerful user interface
• Automatic language recognition.
★ TIPS FOR OCR:
• Make sure your document is flat and well lit. Hold your iPhone still while shooting. On iPhone 4 force the flash On.
• For iPhone 3G or earlier model, hold the phone at least 10-12 inches away from the document.
• Auto detects text orientation after picture is taken.
• iPhone 4 works with even smaller fonts.
• Glossy paper may not work well (avoid glare).