Seesaw Synth is a pocket musical toy for playing or composing tunes with amusing samples, but with a twist…
…Although a keyboard is displayed, notes are played using the accelerometer!
When the app has started up, hold the device in landscape mode as shown and tilt the device to the left or right to change the currently playing note. The more you tilt to the left, the lower the pitch, the more you tilt to the right, the higher the pitch.
As the device is tilted a red circle (the note indicator) is shown, indicating which note is about to be played.
The slider to the right how long (in tenths of a second) the note indicator has to stay on the current note before it plays. For example, if set to 5 - the currently indicated note is played after the indicator has been on that note for 0.5 seconds (5 x 0.1 seconds).
Along the top are the On/Off controls and two red triangular arrows which change the current sample voice in use. Currently Seesaw Synth has 5 voices
* Simple clear user interface
* Novel accelerometer based controls
* Authentic samples, tuned to piano based pitches
* Practicing your manual dexterity
* Learning to play an interesting new musical instrument
* Secretly playing farmyard noises from your pocket