▶ MAP DATA : NAVTEQ
▶ WHAT IS THE G-MAP?
G-Map is the first voice-prompted turn-by-turn GPS navigation software available for iPhone and iPod Touch. No wireless connection needed to get you to the destination.
▶ WHAT ARE THE MAJOR FEATURES?
- Instantly converts iPhone’s address book contacts to routing destinations.
- Music automatically resumes after navigation voice guidance so that music and voice guidance do not compete.
- A.I. (Artificial Intelligence) Routing: G-Map actually learns your route preferences and applies them in future route guidance
- Point On Map: When you touch any point on the map, the G-Map provides detailed location information, including street address, city, post code and phone number. G-Map also offers the option for a route from your current location to the point on the map you’ve selected. This is helpful when you know the vicinity of a destination, but not exact address.
- Suggested Keyword Search: G-Map intuitively suggests search results, based on letters you enter. This saves you time when entering data and the suggested options are helpful when you are unsure of exact location names.
- On-board GPS navigation solution that needs no internet or Wi-Fi connection
- Best iPhone style UI & Keyboard
- Enables user to add multiple waypoints when creating route and simulate the routing among them all.
▶ WHAT ARE THE COVERED AREAS?
▶ CAN WE ACCESS AND NAVIGATE TO CONTACTS SAVED IN THE IPHONE’S ADDRESS BOOK?
Yes. G-map has direct access to your iPhone’s address book. You don’t have to type in the entire address saved in your iPhone; just pick a contact from the address book and begin to navigate to the destination.
▶ HOW CAN WE LOCATE THE CURRENT POSITION IF THE GPS SIGNAL IS NOT AVAILABLE?
You can locate the current position through cell tower or Wi-Fi manually.
▶ WHAT ARE THE OTHER FEATURES?
- Intuitive and Easy-to-Use User Interface (UI)
- POI Editing and Memo: User can personalize POIs with a title, phone number, and memo.
- Display Favorites and Point of Interest (POI) Icons
- 3-Way Map view mode setting: North-up, Heading-up, and 3D view
- Automatic resumption of navigation after a telephone call
- Can be used in the Portrait or Landscape mode