◆ "iLearn US States hit it right on the spot with their educational approach to this app." - theiPhoneMom.com
◆ "This app is a great way for younger students to get familiar with the states and represents a tremendous supplement to any geography or civics lesson." - educationworld.com
◆ Winner for the 2011 Best Middle School Student App - BestAppEver.com
A fun way to learn the names and locations of all 50 states and their capitals.
‣ Quiz yourself on both states and capitals.
‣ Earn States to unlock Puzzle Mode.
‣ Easy Mode for beginners and young learners.
‣ Spoken pronunciation of each state and capital.
‣ Facts about each state including state tree, flower, bird, flag, statehood and more.
‣ Settings screen to allow students to concentrate on specific states.
‣ Zoom function for northeast region
Four modes to choose from for both states and capitals:
• Learn Mode allows you to tap and highlight each state to see its name or capital and hear it spoken. Launch the information panel to view additional facts about each state, including: capital city, nickname, tree, bird, flower, and more.
• Game Mode uses both text and audio prompts to see how many states or capitals you can identify. There are two difficulty settings: Easy and Hard. Easy setting does not have a time restriction, and indicates states that have already been found or are not being played. The Easy setting is great for young learners. Hard setting pits you against the clock to see how may states you can identify in one minute. Earn bonus points for any time remaining on the clock. Leader board keeps track of high scores.
• Test Mode is where you can measure your progress similar to how you may be tested in the classroom. There are two options available. For the spelling option, tap each state in any order you choose, and type its name at the prompt. For the location option, tap the given state when prompted. There are no time restrictions for Test Mode.
• Puzzle Mode is unlocked when you earn your first state. Earn states by playing the Game Mode. Once you have earned all 50 states, you can complete the puzzle. Earned states never go away, and you can shuffle and rebuild the puzzle as often as you like.
Engaging and fun application designed by a classroom teacher. Game Mode can be addictive, allowing you to unwittingly learn all 50 states in just a few hours.