Learn Arabic and discover the fascinating Arabic culture with this beautiful and intuitive app.
* Winner of the 2013 European Language Label Award *
* Features include:
- Full audio dialogues in Arabic (Modern Standard Arabic)
- Useful vocabulary you would expect to see, hear and use
- Learn with Arabic script, transliteration (i.e. Romanised script) or with both
- Role-plays with voice recording and playback facilities
- Arabic alphabet practice
- Grammar and language notes to help you become creative with your language
- Language activities to consolidate your learning
- Cultural texts about the Arabic countries and customs as well as about the people and their culture
"LearnOasis Arabic is the ideal method for teaching beginners because primarily it removes all the apprehensions that people have about Arabic being a uniquely difficult language. The student is introduced painlessly to speaking and hearing and listening to Modern Standard Arabic, the medium understood in all Arab countries."
- Leslie McLoughlin, Senior Research Fellow, Institute of Arab and Islamic Studies, University of Exeter & former interpreter for HM The Queen and Her Majesty's Government.
* Who is this for?
This iPad app is perfect for classroom use, for individual study 'on-the-go' or to take with you if you are deployed to or stationed in an Arabic-speaking country.
The course provides a perfect introduction to Arabic, especially for people who wish to know more about the language and who wish to start speaking Arabic.
For people who have tried learning Arabic before but gave up or thought, "it's too difficult": We invite you.
* Our approach
The clear learner-friendly navigation, structure and reassuring tasks will help you and ensure that you always know what you need to do. At every stage you are encouraged to interact with the content and to THINK. LearnOasis Arabic puts the learner first. The iPad version is an enjoyable and tactile learning experience. Enjoy!
* Rest assured:
This version of LearnOasis Arabic is completely free.
No features have been locked, nor are there any distracting third-party adverts whatsoever.
There is sufficient content to 'get you going' with this beautiful, fascinating and important world language.
Developed with the support of the Lifelong Learning programme of the European Union.
hayya bina - Let's go!