BridgePort Networks brings you BIB HSI, iPhone Edition. BIB HSI is an open standards, SIP-based softphone for the iPhone and iPod touch.
** iPhone and iPod Touch supported (iPad compatible) **
BIB HSI iPhone enables you to securely connect and communicate easily and efficiently whether for business or personal use. BIB HSI iPhone provides you with superior security settings over other iPhone VoIP products. Even more, BIB HSI iPhone provides an intuitive interface for multi-call management including the ability to swap, merge or split between two calls as well as supporting attended and unattended transfers.
With BIB HSI iPhone Edition, you can use a Wi-Fi or 3G connection to make and receive calls, or use your iPod touch as a Wi-Fi phone.
Standard Phone Features
BIB HSI iPhone has all the standard telephone features, including:
• Call display and voicemail indicator
• Speakerphone, Mute and Hold
• Call history – list of received, missed and dialed calls
• Contact List and Contact Favorites – Leveraging the iPhone Contacts
• Ringtones and contact avatars
• Audio codecs include G.729 and G.711
• Support for DTMF: the ability to enter numbers to use an auto attendant
-Via RFC 2833 or SIP INFO
• Network Transversal
-Application Managed, Server Managed or User Specified
-Global IP Support
-STUN & ICE
• Media Efficiency and Quality
-VAD (Voice Activation Detection)
-QoS (Quality of Service)
• ToS Marking
• DSCP (Differentiated Services Code Point)
• Security and Encryption
-TLS and SRTP
• DNS SRV record lookups
• Call quality statistics
The following accessories are supported:
• Headset with microphone (including Bluetooth): BIB HSI uses the ear-piece and microphone on the headset.
• Headphones (no microphone): BIB HSI uses the ear-piece on the headphone and the built-in microphone on the iPhone.
*IMPORTANT: SERVICE PROVIDER OR SIP SERVER REQUIRED*
BIB HSI iPhone edition is a softphone product and not a service. You must use BIB HSI with a SIP-based VoIP service or SIP-based server (e.g., IP Centrex or IP PBX) in order to use this product. Please contact IT support for more information.
*IMPORTANT: VOIP OVER 3G NOTICE*
Some mobile network operators may prohibit or restrict the use of VoIP functionality over their network and may also impose additional fees, or other charges in connection with VoIP. You agree to learn and abide by your network restrictions. BridgePort Networks will not be held liable for any charges, fees or liability imposed by your carrier for use of VoIP over 3G.