The Insider's Guide to Art and Artists on the High Road to Taos
Get out of the well-worn paths of Santa Fe and Taos and discover what art collectors around the world have known for decades. Travel the winding High Road to Taos, through rustic Spanish land grant art villages, untouched by the passage of time. Tucked high in the hills and valleys of the stunning Sangre de Cristo mountains, you will meet artists and be captivated by a caliber of art that is unexpected, contemporary and fresh.
WHY BUY THIS APP?
Having lived and created on the High Road for years, the authors of the High Road Guide (including some working artists) have written hundreds of blog posts about the High Road to Taos. More than just a gallery guide, the HRG offers anyone interested in living an artful life an intimate view filled with advice, captivating images, poetry, and personal narrative.
BENEFITS OF THE HIGH ROAD GUIDE
* A detailed map of art and artists along the High Road to Taos
* Easily sort through in-depth portraits of local artists and galleries by village, name and type of art
* Read articles about the history, people and culture of the small New Mexico villages along the High Road
* Peruse thousands of photos that will help you decide which stops are for you
* Become a part of the High Road Artist blog community by sharing comments or joining our Facebook page
* A source of inspiration for artists, art lovers, and anyone seeking to find spiritual, personal, or artistic growth
* A guide and detailed map of the art and artists of the High Road Art Tour
WHAT'S INSIDE THIS APP?
* Visit Centinella Traditional Arts, 7th generation weavers whose work is in the permanent collection of the Smithsonian
* Visit Marco Oviedo whose process of carving and bronze casting has been carried forward by his family since the 1500s
* Experience the 250 year old adobe Anna Karin Gallery
* Sit under the spell of Bill Loyd's Temple Bells
* Visit Hand Artes Gallery, a contemporary gem in this remote wilderness
* Be a part of the artist colonies that thrive along the High Road to Taos
* Touch the history of this culturally diverse area
* Be amazed by the natural beauty of these majestic high desert mountains
* And much, much more
About the authors
Jeane George Weigel
Also known as High Road Artist, Jeane has been writing a blog about her life as an artist on the High Road for several years. An accomplished painter and mentor/life coach, her blog offers in-depth portraits of local New Mexico artists, refreshingly honest and insightful explorations of her own personal journey, and stories about the history, people, and culture of the small New Mexico village which has attracted a flourishing artist’s community and remains an important stop along the High Road to Taos.
High Road Artisans
The mission of High Road Artisans is to enhance the economic viability of the artists and artisans of the rural communities along the High Road to Taos in Northern New Mexico. We work to provide visibility to the long cherished artistic traditions and artworks of High Road residents through educational and promotional opportunities.
Developed by: Adam Wimsatt (http://www.AdamWimsatt.com/)