Chess Academy for Kids Lite offers an easy introduction to chess.
*** more than 30 tutorials & challenges created with children in mind (140 in FULL version!)
*** Learn basic moves & strategy
*** Challenge your friends & parents
Chess Academy for Kids Lite is an excellent iPhone and iPad application offering an easy introduction to chess, created with children in mind. The app is designed to teach chess in an engaging, step-by-step, rewarding way, where learning is well balanced with practice.
The app is a tool for older children aged 8+ to teach themselves the rules and basic strategies of chess, as well as for younger children aged 5+ to start out on a chess adventure with adult help.
The application consists of two modules:
- Chess tutorials, which include theory, examples and tasks for beginners,
- A 1v1 game mode (AI mode available in FULL version)
Chess tutorials include over 30 interactive tasks that explain and demonstrate in practice the basic movements of pieces.
The game mode has a nicely designed chequerboard and pieces, with a comprehensive and user-friendly dashboard, allowing children to easily "navigate" through the app and change settings.
Like learning with Geek Kids but feel hungry for more challenges - why not try the FULL version? It features 140 tutorials and AI games on several levels for the player to choose from.
Chess Academy can be played only in portrait position
We take children's privacy very seriously:
* we do not collect or share any data
* the app doesn't contain any adds
* the app contains in-app purchase
* the app doesn't contain any social media buttons nor social media integration
* the app contains external links to our other apps