Practical Urology for Primary Care has been designed to allow quick reading of most urologic topics updated to the latest EAU and AUA guidelines. Flow-charts and tables with drug descriptions, dosages, and brand names aid in fast decision-making in emergencies, at the patient’s bedside, or during a routine office visit. Brand names may vary from country to country.
Topics include common pathologies considered part of Primary Care, such as mild urologic emergencies, benign prostatic hyperplasia, urinary tract infections, incontinence, erectile dysfunction, and male infertility. Other useful sections are those on normal lab values, drugs used in Urology, or the illustrated atlas of dermatological conditions of male genitals, including malignant and premalignant lesions and venereal diseases.
The complete version of Practical Urology, available in the App Store, also include managing of severe urologic emergencies (e.g. Fournier’s gangrene), uncommon diseases (e.g. urogenital schistosomiasis, postsurgical chylous ascites, recurrent nocturnal erections), perioperative care (e.g. antithrombotic and antibiotic prophylaxis, electrolytic and metabolic alterations), urological oncology (prostate, bladder, kidney and testicular cancer), etc.
Other functions in the application are:
- Urology links: in-app browser access to several websites (e.g. validated questionnaires, calculators, information for patients and more).
- Room for notes: available in each section to add your own information.
- Voice notes: to record a conference or save your own voice notes.
- Drawings for patients: use our templates to create drawings for your patients, or create your own templates.
- Suggestion pages: send your comments, corrections, or suggestions to improve the application. Send your favourite web links or your favourite drawing templates. We will include them in later updates.
The Team from Practical Urology.