For many years, radiologists have compared specific x-ray, US, CT and MR imaging findings to everyday objects and animals to help teach and recognize important imaging features. Thus, classic signs such as the “target sign” of bowel wall edema, the “bird beak” sign of achalasia, and the “bamboo spine” of ankylosing spondylitis have entered the radiology lore. The Rad Signs app puts these classic signs at your fingertips on your iPhone or iPad.
More than just a list of signs, the app provides high quality imaging examples of each classic radiology sign, along with explanations and references. The app is perfect for medical students on general rotations or radiology electives, as well as residents in radiology or other specialties who want to improve their radiological acumen.
As a memory aid, the app includes “Radiology Road Signs”, pictorial representations of each classic radiology sign in the form of highway traffic signs. Get on the road to success by playing the Radiology Road Signs game, matching each traffic sign with the radiology sign it represents to cement your knowledge!
There is much more to radiology image interpretation than recognizing these classic signs, but they are useful in practice and frequently referenced in radiology education, case conferences and examinations.
- Over 200 classic radiology signs
- High quality radiology images
- Clickable images that highlight key findings
- Explanations and reference links for each sign
- Customizable list by radiology subspecialty
- Display options with thumbnail images and list or gallery view
- Search function
- “Radiology Road Signs” game to help you learn and remember these classic signs
- Interface tailored for iPhone or iPad