KyberVision's "CSF" App offers a quick and efficient way to assess the Contrast Sensitivity Function through an adjustment procedure on iPhone, iPod touch or iPad. A full CSF can be obtained in just a couple of minutes and fitted with a standard model to derive the descriptive parameters of the CSF: peak frequency, peak sensitivity, bandwidth, cut-off frequency and DC attenuation.
[IMPORTANT NOTE: THIS APP HAS NOT BEEN VALIDATED YET ON IPAD MINI WITH RETINA DISPLAY]
Contrast thresholds are simply measured by adjusting a contrast slider until the stimulus is barely visible. This process is repeated a number of times for a range of spatial frequencies.
*** Full-Featured Contrast Sensitivity Testing ***
KyberVision's "CSF" App features:
- a variety of customizable visual stimuli (grating, Gabor, static or drifting)
- multiple stimulus configurations
- remote control mode (when installed on a secondary iOS device) through WiFi or Bluetooth
- enhanced contrast resolution
- Gamma calibration
- automatic viewing distance monitoring using the front-facing camera
- data fitting
- data & subjects management
- data export through email, PDF, database backup
*** About KyberVision ***
We are a CANADIAN company that provides Consulting, Research and Development services in the field of VISION SCIENCES. We also develop vision-related applications for the iOS and OSX platforms. Feel free to subscribe to our newsletter at http://ios.kybervision.com.