PROFESSIONAL COFFEE TOOLS DESIGN SOFTWARE for the BARISTA, SPECIALTY ROASTER, CAFÉ and RESTAURANT OPERATOR and COFFEE & ESPRESSO BEVERAGE EQUIPMENT DESIGNER
Based on MoJoToGo – Best New Product SCAA EXPO 2010
VST's UNIVERSAL BREWING CONTROL CHART SOFTWARE
For Coffee, Espresso, Cupping and Equipment Design
• Simple 2-Step Design Process
Select the point on the Chart and the amount of Beverage, Brew Water or Coffee Dose. VST CoffeeTools™ does everything else.
• Drag-and-Drop coffee recipe design works in all modes. All recipe values are automatically calculated and displayed for any brewing recipe protocol. Full conversions provided, including between brewing methods.
• Works with all types of brewing methods including: drip and auto-drip; infusion and full-immersion, cupping and espresso methods.
• Fully functional with or without a coffee refractometer. Refractometer measurements may be plotted separately using measured total dissolved solids (% TDS) and Beverage amounts to chart and compare actual brew results to design target values. All design and measurement data can be saved, shared, eMailed and uploaded to CoffeeMetrix, a public service that displays accumulated data in 2D and 3D formats for qualitative comparisons.
• Conversions for volume and weight measurements and U.S. Standard (English) to Metric units are supported in any combination. Design recipes for Drip can be directly converted to/from Infusion/Immersion methods, while maintaining identical extraction and strength relationships.
•Extraction Yield normalization is automatically provided on the VST Universal Brewing Control Chart for all brew methods: Drip, Infusion, Espresso, Cupping; brew water temperature (volume measurements); liquid retained in spent grounds; CO2 & Moisture content of the ground coffee. Water density is computed from volume measurements as a function of temperature, ensuring accurate measurements and results across different brewing methods. Defaults are provided for all preferences, and may be customized separately for all modes as required.
• A wide array of Presets are provided in all modes of operation that are typical of those found in home and commercial service. Each mode provides a full set of custom Presets that are user defined.
• Full recipe details database maintained separately for Coffee, Espresso and Cupping. Sorting by Date, Name and Taste Score provided.
• The VST Universal Brewing Control Chart supports direct touch-screen data input, pan and zoom functions, auto-scrolling of chart with ordinate and abscissa axis and reset functions.
Design points for % TDS and % EXT are step-less with snap-to-grid increments provided (TDS @ 0.05% and EXT at 0.1% increments).
Region of Interest (ROI) overlays are optionally provided for SCAA, SCAE, NCA regions with taste defect labels. Custom User defined ROI is also included.
• Complete calculations are displayed for: Dose, Brew Water, Beverage, Liquid Retained Ratio, Spent Grounds Weight, Coffee or Espresso Brew Ratio, Extraction Yield in both Design and Measured values.
• Compatible with VST CoffeeTools™ for iPhone & iPod Touch, VST CoffeeTools™ for OSX and VST CoffeeTools™ for Windows.