Naxos AudioBooks, the finest audiobook label for classic literature, presents Classic Ghost Stories, complete with the text, in a newly designed, self-contained app.
Oh, Whistle and I'll Come to You My Lad remains one of the most read and truly unnerving ghost stories ever written and it, along with many others, was recited by James himself (as was the tradition every Christmas) to the pupils of The King‘s College Choir School. Hopefully by a crackling fire, a few flickering candles, and not too much wind! These tales, above all, are spine tingling and thoroughly ripping yarns. So sit back by the light of your flickering candle and enjoy. Your disposition may never be the same again.
Stephen Critchlow is a popular and versatile actor who has enjoyed a wide variety of work, including Hamlet and Pygmalion in The West End and Cyrano De Bergerac at The Royal National Theatre. Television and film work includes Cider with Rosie, Little Lord Fauntleroy, The Prince and The Pauper, Heartbeat, Monarch of the Glen, Kenneth Williams: Fantabulosa!, Trial and Retribution, The Calcium Kid, Skins and Miranda. He has been in over two hundred productions as a member of the BBC Radio Drama Company.
“With its suitably unsettling music - the viola is ideal for creating a spooky atmosphere - [the stories] succeed in James’s aim of ‘causing readers to feel pleasantly uncomfortable’.”
Karen Robinson, The Sunday Times, on the original audiobook production
- Quality: top audio and artistic quality from Naxos AudioBooks.
- Offline listening: the audiobook is fully downloaded once you have downloaded the app.
- Ebook text: read the book while you listen to the recording.
- Informative notes about these tales.
- Bookmarking: the app will automatically start from where you left off.
- Sleep timer: no need to lose your place because you fell asleep!