ONE OF THE TELEGRAPH’S 500 MUST HAVE APPS – “THE PERFECT APP FOR SURVIVING OR AVOIDING RAIN”
HOME & DRY IS GREAT FOR AVOIDING RAIN BY SEEING EXACTLY WHERE IT IS FALLING AND WHERE IT IS GOING NEXT
LIVE LIGHTNING PLOTTING AND ALERTING OF NEARBY STRIKES
Please note: Coverage of the Radar and Lightning strikes is for the UK and Ireland only. Coverage of the Forecast products in the app are for UK and Europe.
When will it rain? When will it stop raining? Home and Dry provides the answer, immediately. The very latest rainfall radar information specific to your exact location - no need to search for your village, town or city - the app automatically locates you.
5 minute, 1km rain radar. The highest quality rain radar visualised for you quicker than any other app in the world!
Real time lightning strike maps, alerting of nearby strikes and lightning risk forecast maps for the next three days ahead.
• The very latest rain radar information animated at 5 minute intervals for the previous 2 hours overlaid on a fully zoomable map
• Forecast rain radar for the next 3 hours ahead
• Live Lightning maps for all strikes in the last 6 hours with audible alerting of new nearby strikes
• Lightning push notifications of recent strikes in your area
• Lightning risk forecast maps for the UK for the next three days
• Location markers for points of interest including: football, rugby and cricket clubs, motor racing circuits, horse racing venues and championship tennis clubs.
• Easily share any of the content via, Twitter, Facebook, email, iMessage and even save to your Camera Roll.
• UK and European forecast maps for the next 7 days (Rainfall, Temperature, Weather Symbols, Cloud Cover, Wind, and the Jet Stream)
• Use the Maximum Wind Gust map for storm tracking. Map shows the latest hourly observed maximum gust speeds across the UK
• Visible and infra-red satellite imagery for UK and Europe
• Universal App available for iPhone4 and above, iPad2 and above, iPad Mini, iPod Touch fourth generation and above.
• The radar shows exactly where and how hard it is raining across the UK
• Use the observed radar and the forecast radar to understand exactly where the rain is, and where it is going relative to where you are. You should be able to see at what time it is either going to rain, or when it is going to stop raining
• Check the radar before you need to go out so you can either adjust your timings to avoid getting soaked, or use the radar to be prepared and take an umbrella or coat with you
• You can use Home and Dry for every trip outdoors, be it the school run, the commute to work, a walk in the park, watching football, going for a cycle, mowing the lawn, simply anything.
Sometimes you can avoid the rain, sometimes you can’t. But at least with Home and Dry you can know when it is going to rain and plan accordingly.
Warning - using the radar is highly addictive. Enjoy!