"GPS-R for Chicago Marathon" is an application specialized for Chicago Marathon which operates at some places as a reminder application GPS-R.
- You can check marathon courses and your present location on maps.
- Courses of five kilometers and surrounding sightseeing spots are registered in advance as reminders.
- After allowing communication, it is possible to use a vibration or notice sound that goes off when you come close to the registered reminders.
- You can also automatically send posts on Twitter or e-mails when making notifications. This can also be used in TapTime recordings.
- It also operates in the background, of course.
- It is possible to check and compare courses and the present location in advance. You can also record the time when you pass each point in a marathon.
- If you allow e-mail and Twitter communication, you can also tell your family and friends when you reach a certain place. It is also an effective tool when meeting someone at a sightseeing spot and for communicating while you are busy driving your car.
- Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
- Something that is different from GPS-R is that it is not possible to create reminders at freely at any place.
- There may not be updated in the background in the case of iOS7. Please check that go to the "Settings" -> "General" -> "background update of App", update the background is enabled.