We present an electronic version of the printed wall map of South East Asia, which was created by a renowned publishing house The XYZ Digital Map Company.
It is a detailed road map of South East Asia, on which all main roads are shown. Its scale is 1:7 500 000.
The edition features countries boundaries along with stunning terrain representation. Highways and railways are shown on this map. It also features lots of inhabited places—both big and small.
Names of countries and inhabited places are in English.
Printed editions have something magical, something that does not exist in their electronic equivalents. They were created by living people, who labored over each centimeter of the map, they were not created by robots. We decided to combine these achievements of the print editions with the new possibilities of contemporary electronic platforms.
Our app is not intended as a replacement for GPS navigators, Apple Maps, GoogleMaps, YandexMaps, etc. This is why you can transit from any map section to a corresponding section of a service of your choosing (Apple Maps, Gоogle Maps, YandexMaps) and back again.
Highlights of the app:
- You can work offline.
- You can navigate your way to any desired map section through the traditional index map or simply by turning pages.
- You have the ability to magnify individual parts of the map and bookmark interesting pages.
- You have the ability to add your own information to the map (comments, addresses, telephone numbers – including the ability to dial directly from within the app).
- When using the app in an online mode, you can transit from any map section to a corresponding section of a service of your choosing (Apple Maps, Gоogle Maps, YandexMaps) and back again.
The advantages of the electronic version of the map:
- The maps are of as a high a quality as the paper editions – but they are less expensive. Plus as you use them, they do not bend, tear or become lost at the most inopportune moment.
- The ease with which you can search, magnify and examine details, add notes and additional information – utilizing the power and features of today’s devices.
The quality and art of traditional paper maps is being replaced by much less attractive automated digital maps. Our app brings these excellent paper maps into the mobile age, helping to ensure they continue to provide you with both knowledge and enjoyment – it would be a tragedy if they were relegated only to libraries, inaccessible to most people. We want to give a second life to paper maps. This app is for people who love good old printed maps and want to go with the times.