This Unique & Precise “Vedic Panchangam" with 37000 + Cities & Supports 200 yrs and more is a very useful app that can be referred by anybody on a daily basis which serves various purposes. This is also a compact way of carrying the traditional "Vakya (pambu) Panchangam" on your mobile! What more interesting it could get. Read further to learn more.
Key features of this 'Panchangam' app are :
- Access to the Panchanga details with ending time for Tithi, Nakshtra, Yogam, Karanam
- Support for a maximum of 37000 + cities. Pick your city on the click of a button!
- Calculates accurate Auspicious / Inauspicious time (Abhijit,Gulika kalam,Rahu kalam Yamaganda kalam,Durmuhurtham,etc.,) based on Sunrise.
- Provides ‘Jyotish’ details like Udayadi lagna, Current Lagna, Hora, Rashi, Samvatsara, Maasa, Festivals, Events, Sunrise, Moonrise and set timings.
Note: Drag / Slide the ' LION ' button to choose between the different menu options (Panchaga, Auspicious time, Inauspicious time, Jyotish details, etc.)
What is Panchangam?
A panchāngam is a Hindu astrological almanac, which follows traditional Indian cosmology, and presents important astronomical data in tabulated form.
Purpose and importance of the Panchangam: In Vedic Astrology, ' Five elements ' or ' Panchanga ' of a day namely the Tithi, Vaara, Nakshatra, Yogam and Karanam are being used to check / for taking decisions on:
- Auspicious days
- Auspicious timings in a day
- Naming a new born child
- Inaugurating a new venture, house, building, etc
- Fixing a Marriage date
- Planning for a pilgrimage
- Buying a new house, Vehicle, equipment, etc
- Performing ceremonies or Pooja and so on and so forth..
Hence, the "Panchangam" is something that is applied on to day-to-day life events and should be considered a key aspect of living when you bring the 'Veda Shastra' in to the context. It also is very important to perform the calculations accurately to arrive at the conclusions and this app ensures perfect calculations.
** Gulika Kalam
The concept of ‘Gulika Kalam’ has some misconceptions. Some consider it as an auspicious timing and some consider it as inauspicious. So, what is really in store! It is believed that when any new venture is started or a fresh contract is going to be signed or a new vehicle is to be purchased, etc during the "Gulika Kalam", that particular event is said to repeat again and again in future. So, happenings of the above nature are alone performed during 'Gulika Kalam'. For obvious reasons, events like weddings will not be conducted during this time. Also, some believe this "duration" is actually ruled by 'Shani' (Saturn) and hence this particular period is considered to be inauspicious. To conclude, the above is the belief perceived on "Gulika Kalam" in general and it is up to the user on how he/she would perceive it..!
- This app follows Lahiri Ayanamsa.
- This is an ad-supported version with Limited Features.
- Other key premium features (like access to Panchangam for 200 yrs (1901 - 2099), Support for 37000+ cities, etc.. ) are available with PRO / Ad-Free version. UPGRADE through In-App.