This dictionary is specially designed for Brazilians who study the French language. Containing more than 28,000 entries, it covers the essential vocabulary for correct use of this language.
The contents of the entire dictionary follows the Portuguese Language Orthographic Vocabulary (VOLP, 5th edition, March 2009), respecting the changes introduced by the Portuguese Language Orthographic Agreement of 1990.
The application was created using state-of-the-art technology, presenting results immediately when querying for a word, with a clean and objective user interface optimized for iPhone/iPod and iPad.
These are the main features of the "Michaelis Dicionário Escolar Francês":
• complete contents without requiring Internet connection;
• more than 50,000 translations;
• more than 25,000 expressions and examples;
• audible speaking of the French words;
• syllable division of the entries;
• phonetic transcription of French and Portuguese entries;
• part of speech of words and government of verbs;
• idiomatic expressions, proverbs and slang;
• notes on grammar issues and proper use of French words and expressions;
• complete conjugation of all Portuguese verbs in the dictionary;
• numbers and verb conjugation tables;
• new Portuguese spelling, following the Orthographic Agreement;
• practical guide of the Orthographic Agreement;
• definition lookup from other apps;
• advanced query for Portuguese by spelling approximation;
• automatic recognition of more than 200,000 verb conjugations in Portuguese;
• query by beginning, ending, or middle of entry or by definition of the entry;
• option to configure information displayed;
• history, bookmarks and index of entries;
A valuable tool to improve the knowledge of the French language.