“Do I need to see the doctor?” “Are my symptoms normal?” “Where do I go if there is an emergency?”
The AHN Health Finder app gives you 24/7 mobile access to most distinguished hospitals and healthcare professionals within the Allegheny Health Network (AHN) located in greater western Pennsylvania.
AHN Health Finder will give you peace of mind for many of life’s health issues. This app will help you find the right AHN doctor in your neighborhood, help you discover if your symptoms require medical attention, provide useful information on over-the-counter medications and prescriptions, as well as give you instant access to emergency assistance.
The app also links to AHN’s full web site – www.ahn.org – so you can discover better ways to stay healthy and prevent disease.
Emergencies and health problems can arise anytime – evenings, weekends, at work, or while traveling. AHN Health Finder provides valuable health information from one of the region’s best hospital systems so you can make smart decisions on the level of care you need, or learn how to provide relief for minor illnesses or injuries.
Take charge of your health concerns. Get round-the-clock access to health information and decision-support tools. Download the AHN Health Finder now. It’s free!
• Symptom Checker - Select the part of the body that is troubling you, choose your symptoms, and learn about potential conditions or issues. Filter by adult, child, male, or female.
• Seek Help – Call 911, call your doctor or child’s doctor or find an Emergency Room STAT! You can also enter, and save physician contacts.
• Meds - Store your family members' prescription drugs and over the counter medicines by name, dosage, strength and frequency, as well as a prescription and pharmacy number for a quick connection when a refill is needed. We've also included dosage tables for 7 of the most common over the counter medications.
• AHN - Locate AHN affiliated physicians for quick and easy appointment making. This tool takes you to the Find a Doctor link provided on AHN.org and will let you search by name, specialty or zip code.
• First Aid – Get expert advice for everyday emergencies with simple step-by-step advice and images. Its practical advice for those unseen situations, such as bee sting and tick removal, bleeding, burns, and choking, etc.
Based in Pittsburgh, Allegheny Health Network is a dynamic, patient-centered and physician-led academic healthcare system that provides a full scope of advanced, high quality, comprehensive medical care to patients throughout western Pennsylvania and the adjacent multi-state region of Ohio, West Virginia, New York and Maryland.
With nationally recognized programs in cancer, heart disease, orthopedic/sports medicine care, neurosurgery, transplantation, women’s care and more, our exceptional team of physicians, nurses and support staff are dedicated to meeting the complete needs of patients in the most effective, efficient and personalized manner possible.
AHN is comprised of eight hospitals, more than 200 healthcare sites – including Health + Wellness Pavilions, and approximately 2,100+ affiliated physicians. Its hospitals include Allegheny General Hospital (AGH), a quaternary academic medical center, and seven community hospitals that provide an array of general and advanced medical services, including Allegheny Valley Hospital, Canonsburg Hospital, Forbes Hospital, Jefferson Hospital, Saint Vincent Hospital, West Penn Hospital, and Westfield Memorial Hospital.