Special Introductory Offer—20% off!
There’s nothing boring about a prairie—especially in this book-app romp through the great grasslands of North America followed by a matching game. Nature in all her glory built the prairie to be full of excitement and beauty, and this new book-app takes children on a vivid journey above, below, and all around.
Underground views show “the diggers, with tunnels so steep, making soft burrows where prairie pups sleep.” Aerial views show “the birds that sing and fly, chomping the insects that bring pollen by.” Plus the grazers, the predators, fire, and rain each have an important role in this dynamic habitat.
Choose between “Read to Me” and “Read to Myself.”
Touch the animals and watch them move with distinctive true-to-life actions.
Play the matching game—see how many creatures you can match with their names!
All information is scientifically accurate. The author gives simple but accurate background information about swamps and each animal featured.
Reviews for the book include:
- Here’s a great read with gorgeous illustrations for kids of all ages revealing the beauty and complexity of the prairie. You’ll learn about the plants and critters that depend upon one of the most endangered ecological systems in the world− all while having fun! − Buddy Huffaker, President, Aldo Leopold Foundation
- I love this book! It combines a child’s sense of wonder with an accurate and beautifully illustrated portrayal of the prairie ecosystem. It will help kids of all ages understand the interconnectedness of the animals and plants found on the Great Plains and make them want to go experience it for themselves! — Jim Mason, Naturalist, Great Plains Nature Center, Wichita, Kansas
- Vibrant and dynamic two-page spreads burst with life, exuberance, and authenticity in this gorgeous overview of a prairie ecosystem. That this beautiful book manages to be simple and complex simultaneously is extraordinary. Stacy Price, Foreword Reviews
- A vivid introduction to a vital habitat. Vicky Smith, Kirkus Reviews
- The Prairie That Nature Built is an awesome book for kids to learn about our nation’s prairies. —Jeanna Bellville, Mama’s Bacon
- A fantastic choice! — Cara Nitz, Your World Natural Blogspot
- Beautiful, dynamically-illustrated . . . a real standout. Anna Jedrziewski, Retailing Insight
Dawn Publications is dedicated to inspiring in children a deeper understanding and appreciation for all life on Earth.